We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
12 helpful votes
Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card
Save

Just a heads up. Purchased tracks4africa with a credit card. Only thing I've used that card for recently. Received a call from fraud department this morning stating someone had charged in excess of $1000. Not on the hook for anything, so no big deal, but just be aware.

5 replies to this topic
Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card
Save

Oh wow! Thank you for letting us know. I was planning to purchase the map.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,824 posts
120 reviews
164 helpful votes
2. Re: Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card
Save

Wow. Be careful.

Edited: 23 January 2023, 13:29
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,824 posts
120 reviews
164 helpful votes
3. Re: Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card
Save

For my October 2022 self-drive drive camping safari I purchased my Namibia Tracks4Africa paper map on Amazon.

I'm hoping to visit Botswana and I also purchased the Tracks4Africa map on Amazon.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
11 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card
Save

I've bought gsm maps from them about 15 times. Online. Never had a problem. They don't require credit card details from you, they use third party trustworthy credit card payment provider for that. I realy doubt this fraudulent cc activity realy came from that source.

You sure you weren't a victim of some phishing scam?

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card
Save

Not Phishing... Was in IT for a long time. I don't fall for those. Again, only thing this card was used for in the last 2 months. Looks like a duck...

I have my GPS maps and the Botswana Self Drive Guide Edition 2. Great products, no denying. Just making people aware and to be careful is all.

If I had to get the maps again, I would. Just use a card with strong protection is my suggestion.

Reply to: Tracks4africa Stolen Credit Card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.