We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

Turin, Italy
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

Hi mates!

Anyone know how to travel from Banjul (Gambia) to Ziguinchor (Senegal)?

I know there are some buses or taxis but I'd like to have some more information.

Thank you in advance!

Mattia

7 replies to this topic
Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

We think you will have to head Banjul to Serekunda and pick up the Senegal bus from there, Other posts but don't forget YF certificate at the frontier.

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

There is a bus from Banjul ferry terminal to Westfield for around 10 Dalasis.

Then catch bus to Brikama from Westfield for around 20 Dalasis.

Bus goes from Brikama to Sileti on Border for about 20 Dalasis. Then after border control you change to a Sept Place which is a seven seater taxi for around 3000 XOF and takes about 3 hours to Ziguinchor Bus terminal.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

Paul of Ascot that is good advice, but we do not know party number or what they might be transporting. Give us some more detail Mattie and we will pin it down. How is Turin theses days Fiat 127 and the plant there...back to Italian motor times,,,,

Turin, Italy
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

Thank you very much!

10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

Hello Paul, read your reply nd wondering if you are able to suggest any hotels, bnb for 3 people. Our budget is from £10/£15.00 per ntg. Also places to eat n places of interest.

Thanx

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

We stayed at Keur Touty Hotel on Rue General de Gaulle which was around 12 quid a night and run by an english speaker. Very good for the price IMO.

A good place for a beer in day and evening is Bonbolon Night Club and bar.

Brush up on a little French before you go as not much english spoken.

link on google maps for hotel:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/KEUR+TOUTY/@12.5874778,-16.2765962,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m7!1e2!3m5!1sAF1QipP28m1bCdG0CeWNsWCaLRQq7Ms9wHCYNxw-au1k!2e10!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipP28m1bCdG0CeWNsWCaLRQq7Ms9wHCYNxw-au1k%3Dw90-h90-n-k-no!7i4128!8i3096!4m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x46b79d8287f8e33!8m2!3d12.5874778!4d-16.2765962!9m1!1b1?hl=en-GB

10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor

Paul, will follow the link. Thanks for your response. I will try to learn a few 'survival' phrases. Anything else would be a struggle.

Will post with regards to the accommodation when we return.

Reply to: Transportation from Banjul to Ziguinchor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Banjul
Recent Conversations
More Banjul Topics