We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

Hi, has anyone ever used Mauritius Holiday Direct in Edgeware, Middlesex to book a holiday to Mauritius? We're looking to book our honeymoon for October to the Maritim Hotel and they are miles cheaper than anyone else we've had quotes from! Just a wee bit concerned as it's our honeymoon and we want it to be perfect.

Any advice/comments are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Eva

138 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,340 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

I think there name has come up before but we have had little feedback from past customers although the website lists them as ABTA and ATOL bonded, although you may also get alternate quotes from bigger companies such as netflights, expedia, beast@travel.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

Thanks, just got a quote from Best@Travel and it was double the price as Mauritius Holidays Direct, I'm just worried that the price is to good to be true? In saying that Best@Travel was much more expensive than Thomsons as well.

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

Eva

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

This company are part of enchanted holidays, or airworld Tours

They are fully abta/atol bonded

www.enchantingholidays.co.uk

www.airworldtours.co.uk

It does seem strange that they are half the price at best @ travel and could be an error somewhere?

I would call back and ask them to recheck?

england
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

I have booked a holiday using Mauritius Holidays Direct to the Maritim departing in the next few weeks to the Maritim. Like you we found their prices to be very competitive and we are delighted with the service we have had so far; staff are very helpful and have lots of local knowledge. Tickets arrived today - so far so good!!

Have a great honeymoon

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

We leave on Sunday for 10 nights at The Maritim booked through Mauritius Holidays Direct. If you can hold off booking for a couple of weeks I'll let you know how it was when we get back!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

Hi! Just back from the most amazing holiday ever!!! I can most certainly recommend Mauritius Holidays Direct! Fantastic service, organisation, faultless! Met personally at the airport, brilliant transfer by private taxi, even tho we hadn't paid for this, rep came to see us the next day to see whether we wanted anything and left her mobile number in case there was anything we needed. She organised car hire for us really cheaply too. Private transfer back to airport too. Very very good!! The Maritim is a fabulous hotel! The all inclusive deal is amazing and the quality of food and drink is supeb. I hope you book this as you will have a brilliant honeymoon...Promise!!

Stafford, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

Hi Eva - Did you end using Mauritius Holidays Direct? We have had our quote today for the Ambre Hotel - like you we are tad concerned.

Any and all feedback very welcome

Thanks

Mark

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

We have just booked our holiday through them and they worked out cheaper only because of comparing them with Southall travel's prices which r always good. Only reason we selected these people was because they were local to us. Our main issue with this company is their rep SEJ who seems to have a huge attitude problem. Once he receives the deposit he changes and hugely lacks manners in dealing with the rest of it. Try another agent if you can avoid him.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

The prices are certainly worth it if you can stomach the rudeness of their staff called SEJ in their BurntOak,Middlesex branch. He really lacks courtesy once you have paid your deposit and it gets worse once you finish paying the full rate.

Stafford, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?

We ended up booking with a company called eShores - they matched the price and have been excellent all the way.

Ask for Kadie

:)

Reply to: Has anyone ever used Mauritius Holidays Direct in Middlesex?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted