We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time visit taipei?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time visit taipei?

hi, i would like to know when is the best time visit taipei. I have 3 option, end of may, end of august or end of november.I would like to visit some fruit's farm and shopping. how is the weather there during end of may and beginning of June.Is it a peak season for tourist during end of may. how about end of august and end of november? Please advise

philadelphia
Level Contributor
455 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

End of May is the start of rainy season. If you plan to do lots of outdoor sightseeing, it may not be a good time.

End of August is even worse. It is right smack on the middle of typhoon season, you may find yourself trapped in the hotel for days on end while the typhoon ravages the island. Even if there is no typhoon, it is the tail end of summer vacation, which means the parks and attractions are going to be filled with people. Also, August usually means extremely humid weather and lots of mosquitoes.

I guess that leaves the end of November as the best option. No typhoons to worry about, less bugs, weather is more comfortable, and the students are back in school, which means shorter lines and cheaper prices at the attractions.

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,912 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

End May is good if you want to shop as well-Summer Clothes

We had a lot of rain recently as well. Lots last month. Dont let the weather worry you.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

Thank for the reply. How is the weather there, end of may.Is it hot and humid?i hope can travel in cool weather and enjoy spring season.Maybe i will travel from 25 may to 31 may or early june.If i cant make it to end of may, i will travel in mid of nov. i really need help from all ur guys. thank very much

philadelphia
Level Contributor
455 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

End of May will be hot and humid. Average temperature during the day will be around 28 to 30 degrees, comparable to what you'll find in Malaysia.

You can find cooler weathers in the mountains. Ching-Jing and Alishan should be in the low teens (or maybe even single digits) at night.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

Thank for ur reply. If i travel during mid of nov, how is the weather? Any attraction during that time? sure i want experience something special. i wish see cherry

blossom but cant made it. so i hope can enjoy some fruit season and some beauty scene outside taipei. Please advise which is the best time to visit?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
455 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

Weather will be cooler in November, and there will be less chance of rain.

May, however, is a better time for fruit picking. You can still visit a fruit farm in November, but the selection of fruits is more diverse during the Spring and Summer months.

Earth
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

Hi,

How about the weather at the beginning of July?

Will there be Typhoon or will it be rainy?

Singapore
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

How about weather in end of April? I quite scared of hot weather. Already facing such weather everyday here in my country.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
455 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

July is going to be very hot, with average highs around 32 - 34 degrees, making this a good time to go to the mountains or the beach.

Typhoon season starts from July and ends around November (though every now and then you will get a typhoon that falls outside this window). Weather during the summer is sunny and hot, except during a typhoon, where it will be raining cats and dogs days on end.

Winter usually ends around March, after which the temperatures will gradually rise. April's temperature should be between 22 to 26 degrees. Temperatures really start to pick up after May, and by June you will be looking 30 plus degree weathers

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
981 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the best time visit taipei?

Lychee and Longan is during summer time, especially Lychee will be very cheap during the season, the Taiwan mango also super good and cheap.

Last year August I brought back : 7 斤 Lychee for only NT$100 (smaller size) as for bigger one 4 斤 -- NT$100.