We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

Hello, do u noe whether travelling by bus or taxi would be cheaper for a journey from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing? haha

106 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

Freego bus (飛狗巴士) buses go to Ximending (XMD). Fare: NT$140 (adult one-way) NT$260 (adult return) Purchase ticket at Free Go bus counter at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TTIA). Travel time: About 50 mins.

Free Go Bus: http://www.freego.com.tw

Kuo Kuang (国光客运) buses depart TTIA to Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A near Taipei Main Station. Fare: NT$125 (adult one-way) NT$230 (adult return).

Kuo Kuang Bus: http://www.kingbus.com.tw

Board a MRT train at Taipei Main Station to Ximen Station (one station stop away). MRT Fare: NT$20 Travel time: About 3 mins OR board a cab to XMD. Cab fare: About NT$90 ~ NT$100

Airport taxis charge according to the meter in addition to a 50% surcharge (highway tolls not included) and provide transport to anywhere in Taiwan. A typical taxi fare from TTIA to Taipei city is approx. NT$1,200

MPV taxi fare would cost more.

Edited: 07 July 2010, 19:51
Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

wow didn noe it costs NT1200 for trip from TPE to Taipei! Thanks a lot man! I think I shall take either bus + MRT or just bus hehe~

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

Hi,

I guess if there are 4 pax or more, then it's more economical to get a taxi. They charge $1500twn for 2 ways trip (to/from airport). However, i hv not tried before but will be using this driver when going to TP in aug. He will drop us at our hotel. If you require the driver to wait at airport arrival hall, you need to pay $100twn for car park fee.

kstw0403@yahoo.com.tw

I found this contact from the taiwan yahoo auction.

Rgds,

low

macau
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

hi

is there any bullet train, MRT straight from airport to Ximending?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

The nearest HSR station to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TTIA) is Taoyuan HSR Station (not in Taoyuan City) about 7 km away. United bus (service #705) serves this route. Bus frequency is regular. Fare: NT$30 Travel time: About 15-20 mins

United Bus: www.ubus.com.tw/onlineservice/LINEserach.asp

The HSR train (bullet train) ride from Taoyuan to Taipei Main Station takes about 22 mins.

THSR: http://www.thsrc.com.tw

The MRT link between Taipei city and TTIA is still under construction.

Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

thanks for your help =)

Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

also, I would like to ask if i am going to travel along places in taipei continuously for 5days, would u recommend the Easycard (NTD500) or the 5-day Travel Pass (NTD700)?

singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

Hi,

how's your driver that charge $1500 for 2 ways? if the services is good & reliable I will give it a try. Thanks!

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,884 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

Hi

The easy card is definitely. I think most people did fine on the initial NTD500/- without having to top up unless they traveled to Jioufen etc.

I do not think that the NTD700 pass is good for outside Taipei City-you will need to check up on that.

singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?

I booked Mr Zhao for NT 750 a trip from TaoYuan Airport to XMD, he fetched us to the hotel. Very reliable can consider if you are in group of 4. because only a bit higher than bus.He drives a 7 seater car so no problem putting all the bags in. Email him at kstw0403@yahoo.com.tw, so far recommended few friends all happy with his service.

Reply to: from Taoyuan Airport to XiMenDing, bus/taxi cheaper?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted