I am actually an international student who will graduate from National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, this June. Both my parents will come to Taiwan in order to celebrate my graduation and I am planning a 7days family trip travelling around Taiwan. Since I don't really travel a lot all this time, I don't really know:
1. where could be the best places I should go,
2. where to temporary stop the trip to stay overnight,
3. and what transportations I should take (I think some places like Sun Moon Lake and 清境農場 will require me to rent a car, right?)
Here are some conditions I need to consider on my itinerary planning:
1. it was only 7 days in total and it could be the first and also the last visit of my parents, so I have to choose the best destination and time-safest route to show my parents 'the best of Taiwan'.
2. my parents are both old enough to not walking too much or even less hiking, and to eat too much unhealthy food. So I might also have to cut down some destination that could cause my parents over tired like Yang Ming Shan Mountain, or not-so-healthy-food-center like Shih Lin Night Market.
3. my parents don't really bother the budget but I wish I could pare down unnecessary expenditure, such as high-class accommodation to standard-class one.
4. my parents won't like shopping center, except for Taipei 101 since it was the most famous building in Taiwan. They would prefer historical-ancient-chinese-style buildings like Zhong Zheng Memorial Hall and cultural-scenery site like Nine Generation Culture Village, A Li Shan Mountain and Taroko National Park.
Well, that's all for now.. Sorry for the long writing, I really don't want to dissatisfy my parents. Thank you before for the advices! ^^