We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best itinerary for 7 days trip around Taiwan

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tainan, Taiwan
1 post
Save Topic
Best itinerary for 7 days trip around Taiwan

Hi, All!

I am actually an international student who will graduate from National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, this June. Both my parents will come to Taiwan in order to celebrate my graduation and I am planning a 7days family trip travelling around Taiwan. Since I don't really travel a lot all this time, I don't really know:

1. where could be the best places I should go,

2. where to temporary stop the trip to stay overnight,

3. and what transportations I should take (I think some places like Sun Moon Lake and 清境農場 will require me to rent a car, right?)

Here are some conditions I need to consider on my itinerary planning:

1. it was only 7 days in total and it could be the first and also the last visit of my parents, so I have to choose the best destination and time-safest route to show my parents 'the best of Taiwan'.

2. my parents are both old enough to not walking too much or even less hiking, and to eat too much unhealthy food. So I might also have to cut down some destination that could cause my parents over tired like Yang Ming Shan Mountain, or not-so-healthy-food-center like Shih Lin Night Market.

3. my parents don't really bother the budget but I wish I could pare down unnecessary expenditure, such as high-class accommodation to standard-class one.

4. my parents won't like shopping center, except for Taipei 101 since it was the most famous building in Taiwan. They would prefer historical-ancient-chinese-style buildings like Zhong Zheng Memorial Hall and cultural-scenery site like Nine Generation Culture Village, A Li Shan Mountain and Taroko National Park.

Well, that's all for now.. Sorry for the long writing, I really don't want to dissatisfy my parents. Thank you before for the advices! ^^

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Best itinerary for 7 days trip around Taiwan

Im actually interested in such a trip to taipei (7days) as well. Not too tiring trip and of the same condition as yours.

Plan A

Taipei for 4 days

Taichung - for the night market

Sun Moon Lake

Cingjing Farm

Plan A would require a lot of travelling from one place to another which I think it would be a waste of time. However, I would like to bring my parents for cingjing farm which I think they would enjoy visiting such places.

Plan B

Just focus on Taipei so that it would not waste so much time on travelling from one places to another. However, would it be a waste for just visiting taipei for 7 days? I'm afraid this would bored them.

So when is your trip?

Edited: 26 April 2011, 22:57
Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best itinerary for 7 days trip around Taiwan

HI,

Are you staying at tainan ?

June is a hot period in taiwan. Can consider some cooling places like Cingjing, sunmoonlake, Alishan. In fact you can do Alishan, sunmoonlake, cingjing. Get a driver to drive you along. Can see my post (www.wretch.cc/blog/sflow00)on my Cingjing, ALishan trip.

My driver for Alishan is quite good. See www.gokenting.com.tw. I saw many good reviews so decided to engage him. He will take care of the elderly. Sometimes, if the elderly cant walk a lot, the best place to go to a beautiful cafe where there's good scenary.

Rgds,

Low

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best itinerary for 7 days trip around Taiwan

with just 7 days and traveling with the elderly in the summer heat, i would try not to be too ambitious. maybe something like this:

- 1 day tainan, they would certainly enjoy it

- high speed train to chiayi, then mountain train to alishan, overnight, 1-2 days

- hire a car to sunmoon lake (overnight), cingjing (overnight), then to taroko gorge (overnight in hualien). 1 day each

- train to taipei, 2 days

if you think it's too much and have to skip anything, i would skip cingjing (there's not too much besides the sheep farm). - just my personal opinion.

Boulder CO
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best itinerary for 7 days trip around Taiwan

I live in Penghu, and when I had a friend come from the states during the Chinese New Year we did the five day, four night tour by Edison Travel. It took us all around Taiwan and we stayed in top hotels, including the wonderful Fleur de Chine Hotel at Sun Moon Lake. I would recommend this tour. It leaves every Monday from Taipei. The cost was 15,900 which includes everything except the cost of lunches and dinners. The tour guide was fluent in Mandarin and English.

http://www.edison.com.tw/dailytours.asp

5. Re: Best itinerary for 7 days trip around Taiwan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:16