We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money will I need for 10 nights in Patong?

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money will I need for 10 nights in Patong?

My partner & I are holidaying in Patong for 10 nights. I haven't been to Thailand in years, so I am unsure of how much money we will both need to spend. We have already paid for our accommodation/transfers to & from hotel and have 1 tour booked, breakfast is included in our hotel etc. We aren't on any particular budget and would like to do what we want without having to stress about money etc. I just am interested in a rough guide. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,866 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money will I need for 10 nights in Patong?

Forum search with a computer will give you many posts for "how much money" or "spending money" Thailand.

Phuket is more expensive than Bangkok. (Local transportation is cheaper in Bangkok.)

There is no one answer. Too many variables. You could be big boozers that drink more alcohol in one night than other tourists drink in a single week. And do your drinking in expensive nightclubs too! Same for meals out, you might choose expensive restaurants while other tourists choose cheaper places to eat at.

Perhaps, take the amount you pay for your hotel room times the number of adults will give you a rough answer. In a 3000 baht a night villa with 2 people have 6000 baht available cash or debit card. Don't spend this much you have money left over!

Have fun.

Edited: 26 September 2017, 09:48
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money will I need for 10 nights in Patong?

meals/person...100-400 baht

drinking-partying /person 100-..............

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money will I need for 10 nights in Patong?

"Unsure of how much money we will both need to spend"

Depends what you like to spend money on. Anything from 200 baht to 3000 baht a day each.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money will I need for 10 nights in Patong?

Just take an amount that you feel comfortable with but important to have access to extra funds should you go over budget or should some emergency arise.

You don't say where you are from, but take an amount similar to that which you would take when holidaying locally in Europe, Australia or wherever....Phuket, Patong in particular, is not a cheap destination. If you have some cash left over after 10 days, great!

Reply to: How much spending money will I need for 10 nights in Patong?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted