We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a longtail boat from Grand palace to flower market -

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a longtail boat from Grand palace to flower market -

Hi!

Hoping for some help here please?

After reading another thread we have been inspired and have decided to change our itinerary.

We will visit the Grand Palace first, then wish to hire a longtail boat to take us to the flower market.

We would like to know:

Where do we hire the longtail boat from?

How much should we expect to pay?

Does it bring us back or do we get off "up-river" - and if so how do we get from there to MBK please?

Finally - roughly how long will the trip to the flower market take?

Oh - and is the flower market open on Wednesday?

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a longtail boat from Grand palace to flower market -

bump

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a longtail boat from Grand palace to flower market -

Do you mean the flower market next to China Town - Talad Paklong?

It is on the Express Ferry route not far from the Grand Palace ferry stop, and trip would cost about 13 baht each, at the most. 15 minutes.

If you hire a longtail for that short journey they may still want you to pay 4-600 baht (total). Longtail boat hire is also at the ferry pier.

From the flower market I would get back on the Express Ferry for a couple of more stops to Saphin Taksin, and then take the skytrain to MBK which is at National Stadium stop, or take a taxi from the flower market to MBK, but the traffic can be quite heavy round there, hence I would use the ferry.

Hope this helps.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a longtail boat from Grand palace to flower market -

Thanks for that - although now I'm more confused - I had read "JBR Part 1 Bangkok Nov 27 - 29" by Brisvegas24 - they hired a boat and it cost them 100baht.

Not sure quite what to do now.

4. Re: Hiring a longtail boat from Grand palace to flower market -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2010, 12:34