We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening hours of chatuchak market

Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Opening hours of chatuchak market

hi,

i heard that JJ market is open from fri afternoon onwards. may i know from what time onwards till what time?

if i'm leaving bkk on a sat afternoon (have to reach airport by 2.45pm), will you suggest i go on a friday afternoon or sat morning? i'm worried that alot of stalls are not open on fri? i have only been there on saturdays/sundays so far. nvr tried fridays before.

thanks!

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

Chatuchak Weekend Market is open;

WED-THU (Plants & Flowers) 6.00 am - 6.00 pm.

FRI (Wholesale day) 6.00 am - 6.00 pm.

SAT-SUN (Miscellaneous) 6.00 am - 6.00 pm.

http://www.chatuchak.org/

Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

thanks for the info.

so is it advisable for tourist to visit on a friday?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

If you're expecting to get bargained prices from wholesale, it is okay to go on Fri. But not every shop is open and a variety of product can be limited. Some products you could even find at Platinum Mall, which sells wholesale prices everyday. So I think Chatuchak is a place you'd rather visit on weekends.

bangkok
Level Contributor
31 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

hi,i would HIGHLY recommend NOT going on a friday afternoon,was there a few weeks ago,and less than 30% was open,mainly 'bulk' wrappings ,trinkets,

crockery,leather purses/key rings etc...

i would recommend get up early and be IN there by 7.30 am,and be leaving by 11.30am, plenty of places open/opening and places to grab a coffee,then shop away.....

bulacan
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

we'll be arriving bkk on Nov. 2, wednesday 1:30am. Can we still buy low priced items in chatuchak market? Is there any other bargain market we can visit?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

The best day to shop is Sunday. Vendors are pressed to bargain and sell inventory than wed thru fri.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,623 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

Wednesdays, Chatuchak sells plants and garden supplies only The regular "flea market" is closed up. Don't bother heading up Mondays through Thursdays.

Edited: 13 September 2011, 19:32
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

On weekdays head to MBK, or if you want to visit the Chatuchak area, there is JJ Mall, and the soon to be JJ Plaza..

Edited: 13 September 2011, 20:06
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

I tried once to go to Chatuchak early in the morning to beat the heat, and at 08:00 nothing much was open.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,623 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opening hours of chatuchak market

JJ Plaza has been around for quite awhile. Is there a revamp?