We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok hotels

7 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok hotels

Hi,

I would like to know which hotels will be near to the main shopping areas & also cheap which is less than $80 per night?

The area also have to be safe as we are just female travelers.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok hotels

The cost of a hotel room depends on the time of year that you are travelling. There are hundreds of hotels within very easy reach of Siam (the main shopping zone) by both BTS skytrain or MRT subway - journey times are short.

Glitz, Siam@Siam, The Inn Saladaeng, Siam Heritage, The various Furama locations, the various IBIS locations, etc.

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok hotels

We will be traveling on September.

How about any hotel that is near to pratunam market?

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok hotels

The Amari Watergate is right 'in' the Pratunam Market area... but it is a long walk to the skytrain!

I prefer staying in the Sukhumvit area. Soi 8 is my current choice of home away from home. I stay at Adelphi Suites. As a solo female traveller, I feel safe here. The walk to the skytrain is about 2 minutes. Plenty of food options and entertainment (live music) right outside the door.

I go to Pratunam/Platinum Mall everytime I'm in Bangkok. I would not want to stay there, but find that taking a taxi or tuk tuk to and from there, from soi 8, is not a problem. I don't visit those markets everyday! I prefer to stay elsewhere, where the skytrain and dining options are more available.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,044 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok hotels

Most hotels in Thailand will have a safety box or safe available. Even hotels starting around 600 baht will have air, hot water, private toilet, TV and maid service. Usually the more you pay the better the outside looks.

Pratunam is an okay area. But I do think it is a little dead after dark. If shopping is the only thing you want to do - period - good location! Bangkok is a 24 hour city where life goes on past 2.am. (Like in the Sukhumvit Road area.) This Baiyoke Boutique Hotel is within walk of the Ratchaprorop Rail Link station. Take the train from the airport and walk to this hotel. Also only a short walk (closer than the Baiyoke Hotel) is the P.R. Place hotel. Walk to many shopping places from this location.

http://baiyokeboutique.baiyokehotel.com/

http://www.prplacebangkok.com/

Asia Hotel. Old fashioned hotel right at a Skytrain stop. Walk to Pratunam shopping on Phetchaburi Road. Use the Skytrain to take you to other areas in Bangkok such as MBK, Patpong Night Market, Sukhumvit, Siam, Chatuchak and even connect with Rail Link and subway.

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_bangkok.htm

Rail system routes in Bangkok. (Available from 0600 to midnight.)

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangkok.htm

7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok hotels

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the advice! (:

By the way, do you know of any nice place to eat? (:

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,044 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok hotels

There are always places to eat at in Bangkok. Food courts in malls, fast food places, restaurants in supermarkets (like Foodland and Tops.)

If you are in an expensive hotel you can even eat at the restaurant in a cheaper hotel where meals are usually cheaper. Where you eat is up to you, simple cheap meals or a fancy restaurant - your choice.

You will always pass by little restaurants here and there. If you don't know what to order you can live on good old fried rice! You can even stop in a supermarket or Seven Eleven style store and purchase bread and stuff for sandwiches.

7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok hotels

Hi Infidelal,

Thanks for all the good advices! (:

I would like to know whether evergreen place hotel surrounding is a safe area?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok hotels

Yes it is. I don't know where you live, but almost all of Bangkok is fairly safe for visitors who practice common sense. Its a safer city for tourists than many western cities. The hotel is quite well located for transport, eating, etc.

india
Level Contributor
450 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok hotels

novotel platinum is a new hotel right in the heart of shopping ....... check it out .worth every penny . even Amari watergate

10. Re: Bangkok hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:41