We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym in Silom area?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gym in Silom area?

Hey all, just looking to keep moderately in shape as I know I'm going to be hitting the delicious street food stalls pretty hard. Does anyone know of a decent gym around the Silom area? Ideally it will have weights, a spin bike and a rower. Wouldn't want to pay more than 400 Baht per visit but am willing to pay more if necessary. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym in Silom area?

Anyone? No biggie if no one can answer. I found an old thread from 2008 that mostly answers my question. Hopefully the info is still relatively current.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k217…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym in Silom area?

California WOW no longer exist. Your hotel should have a fitness centre.

If you dont mind mixing with the locals and spartan facilities, you can go to Lumpini Park. There is an area with weights etc its outdoors so no air con and no posers there, only people who enjoy lifting heavy objects over their heads.

True is still at Centrel World and I think Fitness First is now at Paragon.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,512 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym in Silom area?

There is a weight gym located in Lumpini park..it's very basic(and old)to say the least but at 50 baht a visit it is at least oudoors in a beautiful setting..The catch is you need to bring two passport photo's and a doctors certificate to say you are still alive and breathing but go to any local medical centre and they will issue one for less than 100 baht.

Personally while you are here maybe you should come down to Virapol gym and take yourself out of your comfort zone for at least one session anyway..you will sweat!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym in Silom area?

Thanks for that people! Happy to know I can hammer away at the food mildly guilt free :P

5. Re: Gym in Silom area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 12:18