We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flower Festival

Townville, South...
Level Contributor
117 posts
99 reviews
Flower Festival

Where is best hotel for attending flower festival parade & float display?

44 replies to this topic
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,962 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Flower Festival

There is no one hotel that's best. The floats this year were parked around the south west corner of the moat when the parade was over and had made their way there via Thapae Road and round the outside of the moat.

There are tons of guest houses and hotels in the vicinity so I wouldn't base your selection on just the flower festival. What are your other requirements for a hotel - what category, pool or no? etc

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
586 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Flower Festival

Sorry, when is the flower festival?? thanks

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,954 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Flower Festival

Flower Festival is the first weekend of February.

Townville, South...
Level Contributor
117 posts
99 reviews
4. Re: Flower Festival

Thanks for your reply. For hotel we only require clean, safe & reasonably priced. Outside space woud be nice. Restaurant & bar a bonus. Thanks again! Fran

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
586 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Flower Festival

What a shame for we only arriving in May.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Flower Festival

If you get a chance to come back to Chiang Mai next year, it is really worthwhile to be there for the Flower Festival the first weekend in Feb. I was there a few years ago and it was amazing, all the floats made out of flowers - so colorful and just wonderful! It is a 2 day affair and I was enchanted with all the different types of floats. Hope you can see it next year.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
586 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Flower Festival

Will have to try for February next year thanks 😎😎😎

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Flower Festival

Just to wet your whistle, why not google "Chiang Mai Flower Festival" to get a sense of how beautiful all the flowers are and the amazing floats. As far as I know, the festival is always on the first weekend of February.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
586 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Flower Festival

Sure, will check that out thanks

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
931 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Flower Festival

Kali, I arrived too late for the Flower Festival this year, and hopefully I'll make it next year.

But you say the parade starts at the southwest corner (near Nong Buak Haad I guess?). The outer road from there to ThaPae (Thanon Chang Lor) goes in the opposite direction, so do they block off that street for the parade? Thanks!

Reply to: Flower Festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted