We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

How can I do that? I don't want to deal with Booking.com or other booking companies; prefer to book directly with the hotel.

stockport
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

Do they have a website? Can you send them an email?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

I don't know if they have a website, and I don't have an email address for them... I guess I'll just have to try and find it somehow...

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,568 posts
3. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

This place?

http://baanklangwiang.com/index.html

baanklangwiang.com/…

baanklangwiang.com/baanklangwiang_chiangmai.…

Don't use a debit card if booking direct. You have more protection with a credit card. Looks like a nice place.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,998 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

Baan Klang Wiang's booking system is a bit funky. You have to click the word "booking" under the photos of the room types on the reservation page. Then submit your booking request.

Not sure though why Infidelal is advising against debit cards, Visa & MC branded debit cards from most decent US banks now have the same protections that their credit card counterparts do.

Edited: 30 July 2017, 05:22
Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

Thanks, Infidelal and MrCycling... I did manage to find the website and email and tel # for Baan Klang Wiang...

The website gave me several things; Room types, rates (in Baht), Map, et al. I usually use Visa when I'm booking which seems to work out fine.

I will contact them soon. Their hotel is lovely - many great antiques, lovely gardens, great service according to the many reviews I read... I have been looking at this place for a long time, and hope to spend a week there in Nov or Dec.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,568 posts
6. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

"Not sure though why Infidelal is advising against debit cards, Visa & MC branded debit cards from most decent US banks now have the same protections that their credit card counterparts do."

Maybe yes - sort of, but I personally don't think it is exactly the same as using a credit card! I feel my credit cards have more protection than debit cards.

https:/…

https:/…

My debit card purchase comes immediately out of my bank account. Kind of scary if someone else takes out more than I had planned on and screws up my balances for paying mortgage, car payments, etc.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,998 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

There is really no difference if they steal money from your credit line or your bank account, the protection against unauthorized usage is covered (unless you bank with some 3rd rate bank). My debit cards come with the same alerts that my credit cards do, so I can request to be notified about any attempted uses above a certain amount, outside the USA, etc. And since the money doesn't actually leave the account immediately (it gets deducted from your "available balance" not "ledger balance") there is usually time to react.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,568 posts
8. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

When I use a debit card for a purchase I see that money almost immediately deducted from my bank balance. With a credit card I have 30 days to play with phone tag or whatever for fraudulent charges.

I personally have several debit card accounts so I would never be totally out of spending money. But some people schedule mortgage payments, car payments, paying other big bills using bill pay anticipating there will be sufficient funds in that account to pay for things when out of the country. Fraudulent withdrawals from a bank balance can screw up lots of things even if the money is eventually replaced. That's my take on it!

Happy spending!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,429 posts
59 reviews
9. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

same same. both protected by the visa/mastercard or whatever security system.

Good choice with Baan Klang Wiang. I would love to stay there. Great location in that it is quite and in a side street but so central.

All the best,

Caroline.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: I want to book directly with Baan Klang Wiang

Hi Caroline,

It is a very lovely place. I have been researching it for a long time. The rooms are beautiful, and the location is great. I am hoping to be able to spend some time there in November or December...

Unfortunately, I have an older brother that is in the final stages of a very nasty form of cancer, and I may need to put aside my travel plans for awhile. Time will tell...