We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Hello to my lovely travel friends... I am intending to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November, as I love that city... Will be staying a week or two, and then off to other places...Hope my friends are still travelling and having great experiences. I will be travelling to other countries and hope to do a 6 to 8 week trip, if all goes well.

Haven't decided the order of countries I'll be travelling through - it's early days yet. I have had some issues that have kept me from the travel I love doing, and I hope to be in good shape by mid-October. Looking forward to being in touch with my lovely friends soon!

love from Skeezix

Edited: 04 May 2018, 11:14
19 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Welcome back!!!!.

I was in Chiang Mai for the first time in November last year and booked again for this year.

Certainly a good time to be there , weather is very good , not that hot, cool in the evening for sleeping and just enough rain.

As you work through your plan, might be worth think about Yee Ping.

Where we are in San Sai , is near the place they release the lanterns,so just stand on the balcony and watch.

Chok Dee

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

great

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Hey John! Great to hear from you. I've had problems with my laptop for awhile now. Need to get a new one - Expensive! Haven't been on TA for a long time. Need to get back in touch with my travel friends.

Yes, I am planning to be in Chiang Mai beginning of November. Will keep an eye out for when the Yee Ping celebrations start. I missed it last year. But I know when I was there a couple of years ago, that the weather was great. I just wasn't there at the Yee Ping time. Hope to be there this year.

Where is San Sai? I remember vaguely that you told me about it. I'll have to google it again as my memory is not what it used to be!! I have no idea yet where I will stay but want to be there during the celebrations, so even though it's just May, time flies! Would be fun to meet you and yours, and have a drink together.

Great to hear from you and wish you the best, and will look out for you when I get there.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

San Sai is not that far from Central festival, it is a large district.So about 30 mins from the centre of town.....depending on traffic.

I think yee ping will be later in the month

Chok dee

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Hi John, I'll keep that in mind. Tks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Yee Ping is I think 22nd November. Hope you are there for it. We were in Chiang Mai for the festivals over three days in November 2015 as part of a 7 day road trip Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai. Wonderful and memorable and beautiful weather.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Welcome back Skeezix, great to hear from you.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Hi Arandora and MelbourneCountrygirl - great to hear from you. It's been awhile since I was on TA. Have had some things that kept me from travelling for awhile... That's the way it goes, but am hoping to do a trip in mid-October and November possibly.

I wish you both good travels... there's nothing like it!

All the best to you both,

Skeezix

Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Hi skeezix - I’ll be in Chiangmai 20 - 26 November, the Yee Ping and Loy Krathong festivals are 21-23 November. If you’re going to be there at that time let me know.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November

Hi Lynn0ll, Thanks for letting me know about the dates for Yee Ping and Loy Krathong Festivals on November 21-23. I was planning to be over in Vietnam at that time, but I'm still sorting out the places I plan to be. I'd really like to be in CM for those festivals. I'll see if I can change things around a bit. That way, I could get to CM around Nov.19th, which would give me a couple of days to just chill in CM, and then enjoy the festivals, and have a few more days in CM and outer areas after that, before going on to other places.

I appreciate you letting me know, as I was thinking the festivals would be around beginning of November. I'll see how things go.

Hope all is well with you, Lynn. All the best to you.

Skeezix

Reply to: Looking to spend some time in Chiang Mai in early November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted