We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Therapeutic back massage

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
28 reviews
14 helpful votes
Therapeutic back massage
Save

Hi,

I'm after a really good therapeutic massage for a back issue, looking for more than the usual massage places that cater for tourists. I do not want a Thai massage. We're staying North east corner of old city, happy to travel. Can anyone suggest somewhere really good? Hoping an expat may be a regular somewhere that they could recommend.

Thanks for your help.

3 replies to this topic
J B
Level Contributor
465 posts
1. Re: Therapeutic back massage
Save

Get an oil massage.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
142 reviews
119 helpful votes
2. Re: Therapeutic back massage
Save

I hope your back is OK, MCG. It's great to see that you're now in Chiang Mai - doesn't it feel great to be back!? Have you tried the prison women's massage place? It could be called Lila, and is in the old city. A friend has also tried one on the footbridge (on the Baan Orapin side) - I don't know what that one is called but she spoke very highly of it. But hopefully by now your back is on the mend!

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
28 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Therapeutic back massage
Save

Hi spopey,

Think I owe you an email! Yes, Lila massage, we have used them lots before. Mostly good. I was just after someone maybe next level up.

Yes, so good to be travelling again and back in CM, has been too long. Thanks for your suggestions, will explore these.

Reply to: Therapeutic back massage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chiang Mai
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.