We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

My husband and I have been to Pattaya twice now and loved it. The hotels are beautiful, the people are the friendliest most welcome you can find. My query is we came the first time during Songkran and I hated it. Being blasted by water jets on every street corner just stressed me out; so the second time we came a bit earlier to avoid it and it was wonderful. However this year due to family issues, we couldn’t make it earlier in the year but I’m struggling to figure out when’s best to come. I’d like late April early May, but is that rainy season or is it better to come later still? Some advice please?

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
12 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

April is normally very hot. Thailand is tropical so there is always a chance of rain but usually it comes in torrential showers lasting perhaps an hour and then it quickly dries up. Often rain is in late afternoon or at night and it should not spoil your holiday. A small fold up umbrella is a useful thing to have in your daypack just in case. If it rains you just pop into a bar or restaurant or shopping mall until it stops. Storm clouds on weather forecasts do not mean that it is going to rain in every place all the time just that there is a chance of some rain somewhere at some time.

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

Thank you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

As said by Robin April is very hot , perhaps later in April or early May , just in case a good tip is to already browse through the indoor attractions so you have a 'rainy day plan' just in case

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

We like May, usually hot and good weather and low season so cheaper.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

Good idea from Singlouissa there !

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

April/May normally very hot with a chance of a quick afternoon thunderstorm or heavy short shower. Pattaya is usually 2 or 3 C cooler than Bangkok in theory there should be sea breezes. I don't think its a bad time to come if you can avoid Songkran. I've been the last three years early November and there has been way to much rain, much more than I remember getting in May.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

Any time of the year is good just skip Songkran.

gympie
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

We like May, June and July but can get stinken hot in May . We went in May a few years ago and it was dreadful and we are from hot Queensland in Australia but that year it was unusual to be that hot..

We were there in August last year the weather was perfect very little rain and still low season..

9. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2018, 19:43

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?

Agree with post #6 November is worst weather we have ever had (twice) April, May and October are my favourites.

Reply to: Some advice on good time to visit Pattaya please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted