We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Hi

The taxi from pattaya to bangkok fro my flight back to phuket is the same cost as a flight from pattaya to phuket. Which will be better taxi to bangkok then fly or pattaya flight to phuket.

Also cost of taxi to pattaya airport

Thanks very much

15 replies to this topic
Tadworth, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Hi, Definately Pattaya Airport (UTP) to Phuket.. PT Taxi from Pattaya to Pattaya Airport is 700 baht. The flight time is one hour. It’s a small airport with easy check-in.. I done this very same trip last year and was very impressed. My taxi at the other end to Patong Beach was 800 baht from the kiosks outside the airport.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
2. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Yes as Lisa has said , very easy from Pattaya Utapao , there is also van service B 250 ( how to book that is mentioned on other posts )

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Thanks

I already paid for my return flight from bangkok to phuket but the taxi would be the same price as the flight from pattaya to phuket and seems much easier than the distance to bangkok.

So may just book the air asia flight from pattaya

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Thank you

I have booked my flight from pattaya to phuket and yes it seems much easier and I don't have to worry about long taxi journeys. Thanks for the advice.

Tadworth, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Darren I think you made a wise decision, it’s such an easy trip from Pattaya Airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Yes thanks to the help of this forum

Always better to seek advice from people that know.

Tadworth, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

As it’s an internal flight there is no immigration etc. You just show your passport and walk through so it takes no time at all compared to Bangkok where you will be queuing. It is a very small airport with a small cafe and a scattering of chairs. The journey to the airport takes about 40 minutes and I paid 700 baht with PT Taxi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

That's great thanks will look the taxi up

Better to use one that others have used.

Thanks for hour advise

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
1 review
9. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Hi Daren as you say it is a cheap flight I take it that it is with Air Asia? If so They do an option with a shared mini van from central festival to the airport I know you can book this at the same time as your flight but whether you can add it afterwards I am not sure I think the cost is 250 Baht.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya

Hi Mick

Yes I was looking at that but they didn't do the combined for my flight with air asia at time of booking.

I will look into that. The more I look at pattaya the more I'm wondering to bypass 3 days in bangkok and go straight to pattaya for the week. Not sure if being stuck in the city is for me as I live in London lol

Reply to: Is it easier to travel from bangkok or pattaya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted