We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

****Scoot Airlines******

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
geelong
Level Contributor
469 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
****Scoot Airlines******

WOOOO HOOOO!!!! I just scored myself return tickets for me hubby and 2 kids from Sydney to Singapore during Sept school Holidays for $2000 including food & luggage!!! Will book Avalon-Sydney & Singapore Phuket later on when there is a special on.

In your face Australia Airlines, I'm still getting my Phuket holiday WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
178 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

Good on you !!! We just booked for friends who are meeting up with us in Phuket. It is also in September school hol's and the fare was $412 p/p return (15 kilo luggage only, no meals)... but inclusive of all fees/taxes etc. Air Asia fares are around $140 p/p return from Singapore to Phuket, so makes for a good deal - particularly September school holidays.

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
178 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

I should also say a big THANKS to Cathy who got me onto their website this morning after her earlier post regarding the Scoot specials.

Queensland
Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

I booked return with them last night from GC to Singapore then with AirAsia to phuket for two people with bags & meals for a grand total of $900...... Woohoo see u in August :)

geelong
Level Contributor
469 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

Sunny girl,

how much time have you got between flights singapore/phuket and phuket/singapore with air asia???

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
178 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

Our friends are doing an overnight stop in Singapore on the way over so connections aren't a problem there. The return flight is a bit nasty ie. arrives Singapore 12.45 pm and doesn't depart until 10.45 pm so a 10hr stopover, but they are OK with this as it saves them $1000. I haven't really researched this much yet (nor have I booked the AA part), so will do so in the next few days and let you know if I come up with any other options.

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
677 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

Congrats on the getting flights everyone!

I also managed to grab some at $230 return per person with 15kg , no food (will take our own onboard)

A good option for 10 hours is to head into the city , although Changi is an amazing airport!! We have done this a few times. Leave your bags at the left luggage facility that they have in each terminal. Can't remember how much it is but very cheap for the day. Take the MRT into the city, costs about $2 per person. And spend a day shopping on Orchard, or The Singapore Flyer, Zoo, Bird park etc, and get back to the airport around 2 hours before your flight back

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,205 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

Hi,

I suspect Scoot will be a *serious* game changer out here in the South to Central Asia region for LCC carriers.. they'll have the panache of their parent SIA to help them along as well.

A HUGE additional perk for Scoot is that their flights will be interline-eligible with SQ and I recall also MI.. So they'll have a near instant passenger feed flow to/from both carriers.. an that's a huge potential passenger pool that they have instant access to.. something that most LCC's, like AirAsia, does not have or has to develop on their own with their own in-house assets.

I think the only wild card out there for them-- as it is for all the carriers-- but more for the LCC's as their margins are razor thin is-- fuel.. That I suspect will be the thing that really "tests" the regional and long-haul LCC business model in this market in terms of not so much short-term, but mid-term survival and profitability.

Travel Safe,

sydney
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

Hi

I've been trying to put dummy dates into the scoot site to see how how much ( trying to get the promo rates) but every date that I have put in up until October is $195 Syd-sin with luggage, then $173 Sin-Syd with luggage, cant see any flights on the promo rate, am I doing something wrong?

Cheer

geelong
Level Contributor
469 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

Been looking for flights for Singapore to Phuket all afternoon and struggling to find a flight as the Scoot flight gets in at 7pm and Jetstar Asia (cant find anyone else with flights after 7pm to Phuket) flies out at 830pm....thinking this wont be enough time to go thru customs, immigration, collect bags and then re-check for the next flight. Might have to stay over night in Sinapore which I guess is going to cost a fortune!

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
677 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ****Scoot Airlines******

2lin,

unfortunately for you, most of the $88 sale fares are now gone. I did a dummy booking this arvo, and could only find one $88 fare in 2 months of dates