We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

Hi

I'm looking for a car rental with driver from 29dec- 30dec 2011 from HCMC to Dalat nd to return to HCMC after 1 day. Anyone has any contacts?

Thank you in advance

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,649 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

Do you mean you're planning to overnight in Da Lat? It's a long drive.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,155 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

Considering the way they drive in the area, it would be far faster, safer and cheaper to fly roundtrip to Dalat.

3. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 December 2011, 12:35
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

If it's for 2 people it would be cheaper, quicker and safer to fly

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

Hi all,

I with my family will be touch down HCM. I'm planning 2 days trip HCM airport - Dalat - HCM. Would it be possibility that we hired a private van for 2 days? If yes, do we need to pay the additional fees for extra hours and accommodation for driver?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

Jojo

depending on the traffic it will take 8 hours++ to get from HCMC airport to Dalat by car or van. The road is very steep, rough and has so many bends. You will arrive in the eveninbg, sleep and get up early to drive back to HCMC. If you like days in cars/vans on bad roads, I think it is a great idea, but other posters have better ideas.

DG

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
485 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

Last year, when I hired a van to go from Mui Ne to Dalat, when we joined the road the leads up from HCMC, we ended up sitting stationary in the van half way up the mountain for about an hour while some road works were being done.

At the very best, expect an absolute minimum of six hours each way by road, but as previous poster said.... 8 plus hours is more likely.

In going by road, you are not out of the suburbia of HCMC for at near 3 hours. After that, until you begin the ascent, the roadside scenery offers little to take your interest.

The plane flight from HCMC to Dalat is short and cheap, but the "so-called" Dalat airport is at the base of the mountain some 45 minutes drive away from Dalat.

For such a short time frame to visit Dalat, you visit will likely be a "whistle stop tour".

8. Re: Car driver from HCMC to Dalat and back for 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 17:18