We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No way...it can't be true!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
692 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
No way...it can't be true!!

Please tell me it is not true.....that the journey to HCMC does not take 7 hours on the road!! Aarrrrgh!

Should we fly again? :(

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No way...it can't be true!!

Do you mean by bus from Dalat to Hochiminh city? Last time i was on road more than 7 hours for this trip. Flight is good idea if you don't want to be on bus so long.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No way...it can't be true!!

If it's from Dalat, then yes fly, it would definitely be better than a 7+ hour road journey.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
485 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No way...it can't be true!!

The long road trip between Dalat and HCMC is a scenic one until you hit the outskirts of HCMC. The last 3 -4 hours of the drive is very slow along a densely populated and heavily congested road where average speed/distance would barely average 15 - 20 klms per hour.

Edited: 14 March 2012, 06:32
Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Level Contributor
692 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No way...it can't be true!!

Thanks for replying. I have finally made the decision to once again get on board a plane to fly to HCMC.

Heard that some passengers get car/bus sick because of the windy road....and I am prone to that so decided not to risk it.

Cupert

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No way...it can't be true!!

"Heard that some passengers get car/bus sick because of the windy road"

Depends on the driver. I once had one that thought that going uphill and downhill both required one to use a combination of 4th gear and brakes. THAT made me sick. First, and hopefully last time I have to forcefully commandeer a vehicle in Vietnam.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,738 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No way...it can't be true!!

It wasn't the windy road that got me..... it was the driver with his blatant dangerous over taking on blind bends. I don't think I was the only one paying more attention to the road ahead that day. Fly, you'll live longer.

7. Re: No way...it can't be true!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:41