We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

need to take the cost and time into consideration, am looking more of busses and (overnight) trains. I have read somewhere that there is one route whereby overnight bus might be more confortable than overnight train, and takes about the same number of hours, true?

will i be able to directly board a coach at hcmc airport and head straight to dalat?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

what is the frequency and bus/train schedule anyway? Would it be better to do flight for dalat->hue?

After hue I will also be going back to Hoi An and continue to Hanoi. Will it be advisable to take flight for Hoi An->Hanoi?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,597 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

If you are only interested in Dalat and Hue then I would just fly to Dalat and fly to Hue. Overnight coach and train is a waste for a short trip and tiring as well.

Cheers Ross

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

The coach departl hourly from HCMC city(Pham Ngu Lao St).center to Dalat.

All Airport bus will drop of passengers at this street .

Edited: 31 March 2012, 14:25
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

Hi Ross, does dalat have an airport? How much would the flight cost from HCMC to dalat? And dalat to hue? Which is the cheapest airline for domestic?

I do not know if I should be spending as many as 3 days in hue for the festival. Am interested to attend the imperial night and closing night but not sure are they worth. Any idea what the royal banquet is about?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,597 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

Lydia Flight from HCMC to Dalat will cost around $65 and takes 50 minutes, on VN Airlines. You may have to fly Dalat to Da Nang for Hue at around the same fare. From there you can take coach, train or car to Hue.

Not my territory Hue so I cant help with the festival I'm afraid.

You could check Jetstars website for further fare info.

Cheers Ross

6. Re: best method to commute between hcmc->dalat, dalat->hue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2013, 17:35