We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...an extra day in Hanoi

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
363 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help...an extra day in Hanoi

Hi All,

I messed up and I just realized that we have an extra day in Hanoi. The problem is that we are so tired of this crazy city and my kids are about to kill me. What are some good things to do outside the city that are not too far? My kids do not want another long car ride. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

Another vote for Ethnology Museum. Just about 6.5 km from Old Quarter. You can find the map here:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

You can combine with Literature Temple or West Lake electric car tour within a day.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi Old Quarter
Hanoi Old Quarter
18 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Athens, Georgia...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

Boating is a fun family activity and there is the choice of bigger boats on Ho Tay or pedal-powered boats in Thu Le park. Hanoi Water Park is a great place to take children to cool off, but it is only open half the year. Come the evening, there is only one place for any self-respecting child to be, and that is at the water puppets, a punch and judy pantomime on the water.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

take your children to Bat trang ceramic village, They can paint. I like it/

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
542 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

The zoo sounds good for your extra day in Hanoi. It is Kim Ma str. It takes 20 minutes from Old Quarter to there.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi Old Quarter
Hanoi Old Quarter
18 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

Have to disagree with the suggestion of the zoo (although now the extra day the OP had is long past). Zoos in Vietnami are very depressing.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

I must agree with you that it's hard to love Hanoi. You can book a cruise along Red River for a whole day. I've done it with my company before. It's great. You can enjoy fresh atmosphere and sight seeings along the river, visit Bat Trang ceramic village (where your children can draw and paint,..), handicraft village ( I don't remember its name :) ), visit about 3-4 temples. You can choose between option: discovery these places by ship or by bike. I think it's worth to do. cheers,

17. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2012, 18:27
18. Re: Help...an extra day in Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 14:16