We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independence Day- Sept 2

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Independence Day- Sept 2

I will be in the Hanoi area during the September 2nd Independence Day celebration(s) this year. I'm curious from someone who has been in Hanoi on Sept 2 in previous years whether I should plan on partaking in the festivities or spend the day on Halong Bay instead. At first, I assumed that being in the capital city for a big national holiday was a stroke of luck, especially given that I'll only be passing through for a couple of day anyway. But I'd like to know what the activities might include and whether it might indeed be better to avoid instead.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Independence Day- Sept 2

In sep 2nd, in Ho chi minh have firework but in Hanoi just some music shows were held around Hoan Kiem lake, in my opinion there is nothing special happens on that day, you just see many people in all str and the city look nicer. that's all. But if you have enough time to see both city and halong bay is better, to understand more about Vietnam culture.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hoan Kiem Lake Hotel
Hoan Kiem Lake Hotel
70 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Independence Day- Sept 2

I was in Hanoi last year on September 2,I didn't notice any celebrations at all. Just another day. Domestic flights either side,and including the holiday were VERY overpriced, I don't know if that would affect prices for Halong Bay tours.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
3. Re: Independence Day- Sept 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 12:17