We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

siem reap to saigon

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
Save Topic
siem reap to saigon

Hi

Could anyone suggest the best way to get from Siem Reap to Saigon?

Thanks

judy

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: siem reap to saigon

What is your definition of best?

Plane is fastest and easiest

Bus is cheapest and slowest and probably most dangerous.

Edited: 29 October 2012, 06:01
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: siem reap to saigon

Hi Judy,

You can take the bus from Siem reap to Saigon (if you have time). The bus leave at 6:30AM, it takes 12 hours ( US$20/person). Mekong Express will pickup from your hotel and drop you off at the backpacker's area in Pham Ngu Lao Street.

If you don't have much time, you can flight to Saigon from Siem Reap. It costs US$170/person. You should book flight ticket in Siem reap, it is more cheaper than other city.

Cheer

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,862 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: siem reap to saigon

Visas are something to bear in mind when choosing.

Air arrival you can use either a visa issued by a VN Embassy, or a VOA arranged for you by an accredited agent before you arrive in VN, and collect your visa at the airport in VN when you arrive.

Land arrival you can only use an Embassy issued visa.

Either way you need to organise something before you head off.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
144 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: siem reap to saigon

I'll be taking the bus back myself. Is that something you need to book

in advance?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: siem reap to saigon

So if I plan to apply a voa in Siem reap, how many days of visa will I get from land border crossing? And how much do I have to pay or the voa?

My buddy and I are from Indonesia and Singapore respectively, but we plan to do a more-than-30 days trip in Vietnam. So if we do a land border crossing from Cambodia, is it going to shorten or visa to just 15 days?

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,940 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: siem reap to saigon

zorgggr, as you and your friend are nationals of two of the ASEAN member states you should not require visas if your stay is for less than 30 days, no matter whether you arrive by land or air. Anything in excess of 30 days and you will both require a visa.

While you're in Cambodia, if you have doubts about anything it would involve very little effort to go the Vietnam Embassy in Phnom Penh to get a definitive answer, and indeed obtain a full visa (not a VOA approval letter, which would not be valid at a land border crossing) at the same time if necessary.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: siem reap to saigon

I have tried looking for information everywhere and none tells me I will get 30 days by land crossing. In Thailand, you get 15 days, so to me it doesn't really make sense if I also get 30 days by land crossing to Vietnam since its a more 'tight' country. So please tell me if I'm wrong?

8. Re: siem reap to saigon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 17:17