We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia- carry on liquid limit?

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air Asia- carry on liquid limit?

I will be traveling light with just a backpack from Macau to Phnom Penh. I have never flown with Air Asia before. Is there a limit on how much liquid I can carry on board? Is it like the US where I carry all my liquids in a quart size clear zip lock bag?

I am a little concerned since I have sunscreen and insect repellent( not looking to buy any once in Cambodia since I am very loyal to the brands I use), as well as other toiletries.

Thank you.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
13,027 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia- carry on liquid limit?

Hello brightJ,

Regardless of which carrier you fly with, the normal international aviation security and hand baggage screening/Xray regulations relating to non-checked baggage, carry-on, liquids apply. Just because you are on an elcheapo changes nothing at all. Liquids, including toothpastes and sun/insect creams are all treated the same - no single container over 100 grams in capacity, even if it is a half used larger size. And you total quantity of liquids/creams must fit in to the standard sized transparent plastic bag for inspection.

Either put your favourite and indispensable potions and lotions in to your checked bag/s or abide by the regulations or risk confiscation.

Best regards. Ian

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia- carry on liquid limit?

Thank you. I don't plan on carrying additional liquid containers to Cambodia. I won't have enough "stuff" to fill a check in bag to Cambodia. That may change on the return leg of the trip however as I will likely pickup souvenirs on the way.

3. Re: Air Asia- carry on liquid limit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 14:18