We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzbekistan train booking

Beijing, China
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Uzbekistan train booking

Hello everyone,

I will be in Uzbekistan at the end of January, - arriving on 27th January.

I have a question that maybe locals will be able to answer - is it possible to book the get the ticket for the night train Tashkent - Nukus or Tashkent - Urgench on the day of departure? I've just checked the Russian railways website (where you can see the local Uzbek trains as well) and, even for today (it's 11am in Uzbekistan now), there are tickets for the night train leaving at 6pm (for Nukus) or 8pm (for Urgench).

I would very much like to avoid having to pay an agency to buy the ticket, as they charge more than 3 times than the actual train ticket price. I think the price for Tashkent to Nukus (platzkart) is about 75-100 thousand som (I was quoted 108.000 by someone to be precise), using today's black market rate it's about up to 15 USD, but agencies charge 40USD onwards.

Thanks everyone for their input on this!

10 replies to this topic
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

Cant you buy it on the Russian railways website? Etickets should be available on rzd.ru for registered users. Did you try it?

Edited: 31 December 2016, 00:44
Beijing, China
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

I can buy it on there but you have to pick it up in Russia so that's not an option for me as I live in Beijing. I also have no idea how it would work out with exchanging the eticket for the paper ticket in Uzbekistan (etickets do not exist in Uzbekistan as far as I'm concerned)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

Why do you say that etickets do not exist in Uzbekistan? Are you sure?

Cant you buy a eticket on rzd.ru and print it by yourself and use it to take your train?

There is also a web site of uz railways with an etickets section: http://railway.uz/uz/ http://eticket.uzrailway.uz/?lang=uz I never tried them so far but they should be fine. Why shouldnt they work?

Edited: 01 January 2017, 22:28
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

You can find the detailed rules for booking and use of etickets following this link: eticket.uzrailway.uz/personalinfo/list.html…

To get a train ticket you have to register on the website, chose your train and fill in your passport data. Then you pay your reservation and you get your 'Electronic travel document' which can not be used to get the train. You must know that for some trains checkin online is available, for other trains checkin online is not available.

1) If checkin online is available for your train, then you have to checkin online. After that, you have to download (from the 'personal cabinet', that is your personal member section on the web site) the 'Electronic travel document with electronic check-in” form' and print it by yourself on A4 paper. You can board the train with this document print by yourself and your passport.

2) If checkin online is not available for your train, then you have to get the 'Electronic travel document printed out on the standard form' and you have to get it in a booking office in Uzbekistan. I presume that you can easily find a booking office in the main stations.

That should work fine. However, is there anyone on this forum that really tried to buy a ticket online and want to share his/her experience? Thank you!

Edited: 01 January 2017, 23:42
Bordeaux, France
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

This official website it pretty much all the time down ...

Especially the etickets part. I never had a chance to see it working.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

the eticket site is working, the trick is that you need to open it from an uzbek IP address! :)

Bordeaux, France
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

HEllo I managed to deal with le local IP adress, but now I face a bigger problem for payment. It has to be made via click.uz which I don't know how to use and need a local phone number ...

Any idea of another solution?

RUssian website not an option as e registration is not available for the train I am interesed in

8. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2017, 08:24

Vancouver
Level Contributor
194 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

You can buy in advance using Advantour and pay by credit card. They can deliver the tickets to your hotel in Tashkent, not sure about other cities. I used them to get my tickets without any problems.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uzbekistan train booking

Hi, you can book and but the ticket Tashkent Urgench or any on the day of departure. In January it will not be so corowded or overbooked.

Reply to: Uzbekistan train booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted