We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Australian

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
247 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for Australian

Hello to all on this forum, this is my first post here.

I have read conflicting reports , will Australian tourists still need a visa ( for travel in May ).?

If so can we get a VOA.?

Thank you for any replies.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visa for Australian

Hi Gautam, I'm still none the wiser, but waiting for what is a LOI/telex number (same thing) from my tour company (not in Uzbekistan) that uses a local agency in Uzbekistan. I'm expecting I'll get a piece of paper with a number that proves that a travel agency has 'invited' me into Uzbekistan and registered/advised of my travels to the Uzbek authorities in Tashkent. I reckon I then show this number at Tashkent airport on arrival with passport and some spare passport photos, pay my $90 US or equivalent for the visa upon arrival. Fingers crossed! have read what I can online and the visa on arrival option sounds appropriate for Australians given we don't have an embassy and providing that we're not stopping anywhere long enough on route in order to visit an Uzbekistan embassy.. If you're travelling independently there seems to be various local agencies that will apply for the LOI/telex number on your behalf for a fee of less than $100AUD. Stan tours seems to get lots of mentions online. The alternative is using an Australian agency like CIBT visas but that's really expensive because they send your passport off to London or Singapore to get a visa on your behalf. Not sure if I'm telling you anything you don't know, but hope it is useful. P.

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Visa for Australian

Thanks Mate, i did some research myself. The cheapest & straight forward agent i found so far was this: globalconnect.uz/letter-of-invitation-to-uzb…

Therez a person with the name Anvar, he was pretty prompt in responding. Give it a try.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visa for Australian

Cheers. Will investigate.

Samarkand...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Visa for Australian

Hi. You will have to show your visa application form, LOI, copies of your air-tickets.

15. Re: Visa for Australian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2017, 20:45
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Visa for Australian

Australian can get vis on arrival at Tashkent airport. YOu need to request a local agency to arrange LOI for you with telex number and stamp of MFA on it and on arrival at Tashkent airport you will be issued visa on your passport. It is smooth, no problem at all, but if your flight arrives at the same with many other flights then it takes hours untill you check out from Tashkent airport, you have to wait in a long cue first at passport control, visa issue and then at customs cue.. But if you flight is the only one at that time of arrival all must go smooth and fast within 1 hour.

17. Re: Visa for Australian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2017, 07:51