We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

I have been told different stories how to get a Uzbekistan visa with a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region passport. Someone said there is no Uzbek embassy or consular representative in Hong Kong, I can get a visa-on-arrival in Tashkent International Airport with a Letter of Invitation and pre-approval by the Uzbek Foreign Ministry. Someone said I have to send my original passport to Uzbek Embassy in Beijing by courier but I look at their website and I doubt if they deal with passports by courier.

Any advice?

19 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

aujace,

Based on my limited experience dealing with Uzbek consular authorities, I believe the second option sounds the most likely.

My advice: call the Beijing consulate. Even if their website is not clear, a Live consular representative ought to be able to provide more specific information.

Good luck!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

Thanks Duke Troy. I have been told another version that if I join a group with HK travel agents, the will ask for scanned passport copies on;y and send information to Uzbekistan directly for a group visa.

I don't want to join a local group though:-(

Wonder if there is any HK independent travaller who has successfully got a visa-on-arrival (or just successfully got a visa) to Uzbekistan?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

Hmmmn, well, I would not know any information about group travel eligibility since I never researched it for my trip. I agree with you, though. I don't do group travel myself. And after what I saw in Uzbekistan, I believe that the best way to see it is as an independent traveller. The country is just bursting with so much culture and friendliness and hospitality that only an independent traveller would be able to penetrate the true depths of the experience.

I would call the Beijing consulate. It can't hurt. When I called for my visa (which, by the way, was done via courier), the consulate I dealt with was quite helpful.

Good luck!

4. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2017, 21:25

5. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 June 2017, 01:18

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

I'm hope to be going in late Mar - while I would prefer to travel independently it all got too difficult and I have arranged through a travel agent in Tashkent (no names here) to do a 9 day individual tour and they assure me they will arrange for visa on arrival at Tashkent airport - BUT this has meant changing my plans to get from Dushanbe to Tashkent overland, now am flying.

There may be other ways to get visa but time to send passport and papers to Singapore (closest Uzbek Embassy to Australia) and it seems I still would have had to book a tour to get an LOI.

Been to a few places only ones requiring LOI for visa were Iran - where I paid travel agent in Iran $20 to arrange LOI and visa - Nigeria I got LOI from hotel I had booked couple of nights in and that got me a visa no prob

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

Uzbekistan does not require a Letter of Invitation for a tourist visa. Neither does Iran. The last time I applied for an Iran tourist visa (2016), I received it without including a Letter of Invitation. I also applied for my Uzbekistan visa without a Letter of Invitation and the Uzbek consulate themselves informed me that they no longer ask for a Letter of Invitation,.

Bangkok
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

I saw in a Taiwan travel forum, some Taiwan & HK backpacker get a visa-on-arrival with a Letter of invitation.

If you get a British or BNO passport, there is no need of LOI.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

Hi there, I am holding a HKSAR passport and just finished my trip in UZbek.

I obtain my visa in Singapore. Once I get my LOI, then I booked an appointment (online) with Uzbek Embassy. I go there at a appointed time, they will give you a ticket to pay at the specific bank nearby. Then they will call you back to pick up. I did it in 2 days.

I do not recommend to use visa on arrival.

1. There is a lot of story about the airline reject ppl boarding as they do not have the visa on hand.

2. There is absolutely no one in that counter

3. You need to pay the fee in SOM, and there is an exchange counter next to the visa on arrival counter, but the exchange rate is double expensive then black market.

To prevent from getting trouble in entry, and a peace of mind , I highly recommend you do it before hand.

Hong Kong, China
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens

I just came back from Uzbekistan. I can tell you if you originate from Hong Kong, you can get Uzbek visa on arrival. Luckily the Uzbek govt separate Hong Kong from China. Just apply via Stantours or Caravanistan, and also email them your flight ticket originate from HK, and you will get a LOI with a stamp indicate visa on arrival at Tashkent airport. Been there, done it.

Reply to: Uzbekistan Visa on arrival for Hong Kong citizens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tashkent
Recent Conversations