We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better Tashkent, Almatay or Baku

Lahore, Pakistan
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Which is better Tashkent, Almatay or Baku

We are planning to visit these countries in coming september for 5 to 6 days, would you please suggest us which is better to visit among these countries, Uzbekistan, Tajisktan, Azerbyjan etc

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
564 posts
1,286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is better Tashkent, Almatay or Baku

What do you want to see? Uzbekistan is popular because it has the historic Silk Road cities. You might be able to visit Samarkand and Bukhara in 5-6 days. I haven't been to the others but I hear that Tajikistan has high mountains and cultural sites and Baku is a very modern city.

9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is better Tashkent, Almatay or Baku

In Uzbekistan, 5-6 days will be quite enough to visit the historical cities of Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is better Tashkent, Almatay or Baku

Almaty and Baku are modern cities, airports are more convenient in terms of check in and check out from airport. Tashkent airport is more complicated in this matter. But you will see a lot in Uzbekistan for 5-6 days, you can see modern Tashkent and Old Tashkent, old architecture, historical sites of ancient cities like Samarkand, Bukhara. Khiva may be too far away and you need at least 7-8 days to include Khiva in the itinerary.

Almaty is modern city with museums, resort zones and it is good for business people.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,437 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is better Tashkent, Almatay or Baku

My pick for the op would be Azerbaijan.

Reply to: Which is better Tashkent, Almatay or Baku
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tashkent