We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help: transfer between towns + Christmas advice?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
304 posts
240 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help: transfer between towns + Christmas advice?

Hello,

I'm going to be in Jordan for the first time over Christmas and New Year this year and would love some advice.

Sadly I don't drive, but I really want to visit a range of sights in Jordan and I can't quite figure out the best way to do it. Can you advise?

My current idea for itinerary but all improvements very welcome!

Day 1 - Arrive Amman, sleep there.

Day 2 - (Christmas day) Spend time sightseeing in Amman (sights likely open on Christmas day? To what extent is it observed as a holiday? Any particularly cool/Christmassy things to do on Christmas day in Amman?)

Day 3 More exploration of Amman

Day 4 Day trip to Jerash (how?)

Day 5 Travel to Dead Sea (how?). Overnight there. (Is it worth doing this overnight or should I return to Amman? Will it be warm enough to swim in December?)

Day 6 Travel to Petra (how? I'd have liked to visit Madaba, Mt Nebo and Kerak Castle en route - without a car is there any way to make this possible? Can it be done from Dead Sea or do I need to be back in Amman?) Overnight at Petra.

Day 7 Spend day exploring Petra. Overnight at Petra.

Day 8 New Year's Eve. Travel to Wadi Rum from Petra (how?) - is this a good place to stay for New Year's Eve or will it be too cold to stay overnight? If too cold, do you have a good suggestion of the best plan?

Day 9 Do some kind of Wadi Rum tour, then get back to Amman (how?). Overnight in Amman.

Day 10 Leave for airport

I really appreciate your advice! For some reason I'm finding this planning really confusing...

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Ammerschwihr, France
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help: transfer between towns + Christmas advice?

hello, im from jordan and fell free to send me if you want to ask anything .

1. it will be cold to swim in December.

2. all places will be working in Christmas

3. sleeping in wadi rum its nice idea but it will be cold but you can enjoy it there .

4.there is a jett bus that can take you from Amman to petra and dead sea .

www.jett.com.jo

5. to jarash i think you can take privet taxi and if you want tell me i can gave you good taxi driver number .

dont forget to add ajloun castle to jarash day

6. how money ppl you are ?

7. if taxi is good for you , you can go in same day to dead sea , nebo and madba .

if you need anything send me

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help: transfer between towns + Christmas advice?

Check out www.jordanjubilee.com, most of your questions are answered there.

3. Re: Itinerary help: transfer between towns + Christmas advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 December 2015, 06:39
4. Re: Itinerary help: transfer between towns + Christmas advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2016, 13:17