We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

I have two passports, but is this possible. I'm currently studying in Beirut and am wondering if Israel will even let me in or if they will demand to stamp both passports because I've not only traveled to other Arab countries but am currently living in one.

67 replies to this topic
Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Most people visit Israel after visiting Lebanon. You can enter Israel with the same passport you entered into Lebanon.

Regards

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Yeah I know that's the ideal route, but I'm a student here in Lebanon, so I have to come back.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

You cannot enter Lebanon with a passport bearing an Israeli stamp even expired.

You cannot enter Lebanon with a passport showing that you entered Israel from Jordan or Egypt or showing that you left Israel to Leabnon via Jordan or Egypt.

Regards

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Yes I realize this and have gotten a second passport in order to avoid problems. It's just the usage of the 2nd passport that I'm concerned about.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

If you want to return to Lebanon you have no choice only to use your second passport. Preferably depart with this passport not from Jordan or Egypt..

Reagrds

Salzburg, Österreich
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

I'm having a similar question.

A friend and I are travelling to Israel via plane in autumn. We also want to visit Lebanon. We both will have two passports and want to use the second one for entering Lebanon. My friend was in Iran in the past and there is a stamp in her second passport. Will they allow us to enter Israel again? We know that having two passports can avoid problems, but will they control our second passport (with the stamps they "shouldn't see")? Will there be a security check because of the SECOND passport (with the stamp of Iran)?

I hope someone can help us!

Best regards

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Normally you can enter Israel with a stamp from any Middle Eastern country including Iran and Lebanon, you will may be more questioned, but you cannot enter Lebanon with an Israeli stamp valid cancelled or expired.

Best regards

Salzburg, Österreich
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

What about using a second passport for Lebanon?

Is it possible then?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

You can enter Lebanon with any passport that does not bear any type of Israeli stamp. But also it should not bear any stamp or sign that you entered Jordan or Egypt from Israel. You should leave Jordan or Egypt with a different passport than the one entered in from Israel. You should return to Lebanon with the same passport you arrived Jordan or Egypt.

Best regards

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

I have visited Israel before and my [first] US passport bears an Israeli stamp. I have now obtained a second US passport which I plan to use when I visit Lebanon. Is using my second passport enough to satisfy the requirements for entry into Lebanon, or will the fact that I have visited Israel before, even though I have NO Israeli stamp in my second passport, be a problem? Will I be asked at the immigration counter in Beirut if I have visited Israel before? What should my response be?

According to …state.gov/travel/… it says:

"Travelers holding passports that contain visas or entry/exit stamps for Israel will likely be refused entry into Lebanon and may be subject to arrest and imprisonment. Persons seeking entry into Lebanon who have previously traveled to Israel may face arrest and/or detention ***even if the travel documents they are currently using do not have Israeli stamps or visas***."

Those of you, if any, who had visited Lebanon successfully with the same situation as myself, can you please share your thoughts?

Reply to: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted