We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

QR649 19Nov KTH-Doha: did you eat Chicken Tikka Masala meal?

Nottingham, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
QR649 19Nov KTH-Doha: did you eat Chicken Tikka Masala meal?

My husband & I travelled on this flight, eating same tray of food except for main course (he had veggie option while I ate the Chicken curry). Ate nothing else since having identical lunchtime meal at restaurant in KTH that Sunday. After 2hr+ changeover at Doha, we boarded QR9 to Heathrow early hrs of Mon 20th, whereupon I was violently sick (plus initial diarrhoea) 3 times (1hr in, 2hrs in & just after landing at LHR when toilets were locked!). Never had such an appalling experience (not prone to gastric bugs). Felt so weak & debilitated when I disembarked & then had to face 5hr onward journey to my home. The staff offered no medical help & I had to go fetch water from galley. Did you fall ill after eating that meal on QR649? Please let me know....

Mentioned in this post
Doha
Doha
Qatar
1 reply
England, United...
Level Contributor
14,606 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: QR649 19Nov KTH-Doha: did you eat Chicken Tikka Masala meal?

Welcome to Tripadvisor upon joining today.

Sorry to read of your illness, but I don’t think TA is an appropriate place to gather the sort of evidential Support you seem to be seeking, presumably to pursue a claim for compensation from the airline.

On the presumption that you sought medical advice and assistance as soon as you got home, and that stool and / or vomit samples were taken from you for analysis, you should present the microbiological test results to an appropriate Solicitor, like Bott & Co, who will evaluate your chances and will take an average of 40% of any compensation they get for you as their fee.

Of course, if they don’t win your case, you will be liable for their costs, which could run into Thousands of Pounds.

Also bear in mind that Airlines routinely take samples from every hot dish served on board and those samples are lab tested for pathogens and any contamination so that they can defeat and defend, if necessary, spurious claims for “food poisoning” which was alleged to have been caused by food on board.

Good luck

Reply to: QR649 19Nov KTH-Doha: did you eat Chicken Tikka Masala meal?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted