We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar layover

Northern Ireland...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qatar layover

Hi all. I am traveling home to Edinburgh from Phuket via Doha on 17th Jan. The layover time is 8.5hrs arriving Doha 23.00 & departing for Edinburgh 07.30. Qatar is operating both flights. I have heard about Qatar offering a complimentary transit hotel for long layovers .Does anyone know if we would be eligible for this. If not, is it worth paying for one of the airport lounges. We are flying economy class & the holiday was booked through a travel agent. Many thanks

5 replies to this topic
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar layover

Complimentary hotel depends on your ticket, if you bought discounted ticket, you will not be offered a hotel. You should check with Qatar Airways and only they can check the fare basis of your ticket.

Lounge is definitely worth it.

Take Care

Beast666

Northern Ireland...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar layover

Thanks. I will phone Qatar

Dallas,TX
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar layover

I recently had similar situation and even though I was not offered free transit hotel I was able to get free hotel though discover Qatar program. You need to book this prior to your travel. We were given free one night stay at Intercontinental Hotel. Meals were not included but the hotel was magnificent.

https:/…plusqatar

The visa on arrival is free so we had to just pay for Taxi to/from hotel and for meals.

Northern Ireland...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar layover

Thanks for your reply. I will check this out.

Northern Ireland...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar layover

Hi again. I checked this out & it seems it is only available for layovers over 12 hours. I have looked at some hotels to book & the prices seem reasonable enough but now thinking of oryx lounge since the layover is not exceptionally long

Reply to: Qatar layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted