We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT | Doha Airport Questions

United States
Level Contributor
451 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
URGENT | Doha Airport Questions

My flight arrives around 6:00am in the morning. After I collect my luggage, I need to wait in the Arrivals Halls until 9:00am for my parents arriving via another flight.

1. Can you suggest a convenient meet-up point for us in the Arrivals Hall? For example, any easily visible restaurant, sign, or counter? Note that my parents won't have internet access, so we need to decide an exact meet-up point to be able to find each other in the Arrivals Hall.

2. Are there any shops selling SIM Cards and Data Plans inside the Arrivals Hall? I read that once you exit the Arrivals Hall, you can NOT enter back again. So if there are any shops, I can use my waiting time to obtain a SIM Card and exchange currency meanwhile.

Appreciate your reply, thanks!

4 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT | Doha Airport Questions

I would imagine the worlds largest teddy bear would be a good spot to meet up

United States
Level Contributor
451 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT | Doha Airport Questions

@Nick Thanks for your reply. I did a quick Google search and it seems that this Teddy Bear is located in the Departures hall, not in the Arrivals hall. I think we need to have a meet-up point in the Arrivals hall, isn't it? Or is it connected to the Departures hall as well?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT | Doha Airport Questions

1) Harvester would be ideal location but its on departure level, that would mean your parents taking an elevator one floor up to dep lounge. In arrival as you come out of custom turn left and you will see farggi coffee shop, you can connect to airport wifi here. As soon as your parents land they will have free airport wifi access to communicate with you.

2) When you come out of custom sliding door take right and walk around 50 m and you will see a big kiosk right in the middle, it says "OOREDOO" go to them and they will issue you a sim card. You can pay them by card or cash as you please. My suggestion to take a pre paid data package that way you can use google maps, uber etc.

There is a money exchange service on arrival hall also.

So arrival hall is after customs not before. So after exiting customs you cannot go back to immigration or customs area, but arrival hall is open space where people greet the arriving passengers, so you are free to walk around as you please.

Take Care

Beast666

United States
Level Contributor
451 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: URGENT | Doha Airport Questions

Thank you so much for your helpful reply!!!

Reply to: URGENT | Doha Airport Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted