We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old

Hi there,

My partner and I are planning to honeymoon to Vanuatu next May with our then almost 2 year old. We are thinking to stay at Paradise Cove and then Aquana. Hoping for somewhere baby friendly, with a beach for paddling and close to some good snorkeling (I am dying to see some turtles). Are these good options?

Thankyou!

Fiona

5 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old

Aquana would be my first pick. They have awesome nannies who are great with kids to give you some real honeymoon time. I see the nannies in the pool with kids often (one of my favourite lunch places there) and setting up sandcastles and crab races. The staff are great and will also pack you a picnic and a bottle of wine and take you to a close private island for a couple of hours.

Maybe consider Erakor Island for your second place, beachside bungalows (literally 4m from your private deck), good snorkelling and kids play area, shallow sandy beach great for little ones. It is also still close to town and feels very islandy!

Have fun planning :)

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old

Thankyou for your response PeaceAndLight. Erakor was actually on my list for our second place, but I went with Paradise Cove as I thought it might be more "luxury" than Erakor for just a couple of days of our honeymoon. Would I be right in thinking this, or will Erakor be just as lovely? I think it is a bit closer to town isn't it? Thanks again for your help!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old

Erakor is probably better than Paradise Cove in my opinion, they have some nice options including luxury honeymoon spa villa (even one with private plunge pool) and is closer to town. The beach is also great for toddlers, sand and shallow water for a long way out, good for paddling too.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old

Thanks so much for your responses :)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
954 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old

Hi Fiona- Regarding swimming with turtles. In the wild you are quite unlikely to find any turtles swimming from any of the resorts. -It COULD happen but is pretty unlikely.

But there are a couple of options for you. The first is to go on a Congoola cruise. This takes you to Tranquility eco resort which has a breeding program for turtles.

As an alternative up the coast of Efate they have a turtle "pool" where you can see adult turtles in captivity.

For a romantic evening I'd suggest an afternoon/evening cruise with Sunset Cruises.

Im rather Biased re a place to stay --I love Nasama resort because of the safe tidal swimming "pool" and the actual swimming pool/paddling pool. Our now 5 year old loves the baby sitters too

Reply to: Honeymoon accommodation with an almost 2 year old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila