We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nasama Resort

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
720 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Nasama Resort

I see that a new resort is opening up just south of Port Vila.

Has anyone been there or know anything about it?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nasama Resort

No didn't know they were even building it, but seems like it's in a good spot at Pango.

I'd like to hear about it too now, I'm curious. Nothing on TA about it yet.

LTB

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nasama Resort

Hi everyone,

First posting for 2012 :-)

Nasama is being developed by Paul Vogelsberger

owner of The Professionals Real Estate in Port Vila.

More of a village of well appointed self contained apartments than a traditional resort.

As far as I know (looked at it couple of days ago) it is in its final building stage, but not open yet. Maybe Paul can fill us in.

The manager is Amanda who was the first manager of The Pandamus Apartments down further in Pango. She is a sweetheart and will be an asset to the complex.

The spot is very nice, on the waterfront facing Erakor island, should do OK if fundamentals are correct. Anyway good luck to Paul and Amanda, as it takes guts to launch such a project in the global economic situation!

Hapi nu yia everyone!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nasama Resort

Bump.

Any more information on Nasama?

Cheerz Wabster.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nasama Resort

http://www.nasamaresort.com/resort-sales/

They have some opening specials for studio rooms.

It all looks rather stark and new just now with construction of 1 & 2 br apartments happening nearby.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
139 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nasama Resort

Funny you bumped this now Wabster.

The daily post today has an ad offering rooms for 150,000 vatu per month - unclear though whether there is a minimum stay for this price.

The website is possiblyclearer on this issue

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nasama Resort

Thanks Spazzle I wonder if that price is a permanent let or holiday one, as that is around A$400 per week. That would make a month stay at A$1600 quite the bargain! Am curious what kind of room that would be, most seem to have aircon and fans, kings bed in main.

I know the location is between Le Lagon and Breakas off Pango Rd, which is handy, they show a beach on the website but I'm curious how much coral there is just under the surface of the water.

Oh for a webcam of the place haha.

I went to the booking engine on their site and no sign of a deal that cheap. Maybe you need a code/coupon number, any clues from the ad?

Cheerz Wabster.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
139 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nasama Resort

The ad says:

"150,000 vatu per month including electricity and gas! Only 10 minutes of sealed road fropm CBD.

Brand new waterfront studio apartments fully furnished including linen and crockery. Short term available.

Big swimming pool, natural rock pool, sandy beach, patio's with ocean views, air-conditioning, BBQ, hardwood furnishings, TV/DVD, security and on-site parking. Call Amanda on 25114 or drop into the professionals office in town"

My feeling is they are looking for long term leases, but given the state of the market at the moment it may be worth emailing them, mentioning the Daily Post deal and see what they can offer.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nasama Resort

Specials are on their website I noticed

http://www.nasamaresort.com/apartments/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nasama Resort

Thanks so much Spazzle, so many possibilities, so little time...sigh :-)

Cheerz Wabster.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nasama Resort

You could always suss it out on Google Earth.

I feel your emotion there Wabster. My list of places to visit and revisit has grown to about three lifetimes worth. The only solution is to visit a new place (or revisit a favourite) every two weeks for the rest of my life. I'd better start right now.

Paul knows his stuff. I expect these properties will be on a surf beach, or a beach that gets surfable surf from time to time.

Jen