We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry service in Bagan.

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry service in Bagan.

A mundane question but anyone know of a laundry service in Bagan that does not charge US dollars per item. The hotel laundry services we have seen in Yangon and Mandalay were very expensive and I assume our hotel in Bagan will be similar. Any advice appreciated thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry service in Bagan.

Some E bike rental in New Bagan and Nyaung Oo offer free laundry when you hire their e bike.

Htet

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry service in Bagan.

Our guide today answered my question. The souvenir shop next door to the Golden Emperor restaurant (the two are one business) has a laundry service. 300 kyat for small items and 500 for large items. That is fraction of what the Thande hotel charges. They require 24 hours. Will report further when I get the laundry back. And the Golden Emperor was a good inexpensive nosh. The meal was less than the taxi ride.

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry service in Bagan.

We got our clothes back from the laundry service next to ththe Golden Emperor and they were perfectly done - folded and sorted.

We noted other options yesterday while walking down Yarkhintar St in Nyaung U. One service signed on the street and down a side street and another at one of the ebike rental places.

Cheers.

Bombay, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry service in Bagan.

Are there any laundry services in Yangon?

Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry service in Bagan.

Yangon have laundry service

at yawmingyi street(york street)

near park royal hotel.

also near bogalay zay street

(brooking street)

You can pay kyat

i forget name.

you can ask anybody they know

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry service in Bagan.

Does anyone know specifically where you would find an ebike rental place that does free laundry in Nyaung U?

Reply to: Laundry service in Bagan.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted