We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Winter break - Family with young kids

Doha
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Short Winter break - Family with young kids

Hi TA Mates

I am planning a short trip during school break. The trip is 4D/3N with an option to extend one more night if required.

I am travelling with 3 kids - 10/9/6 Years. I would need your help in finalising itinerary for my trip.

The idea of the trip is to see the scenery, do some activities with kids and spend a day playing with snow/skiing (This will be first when my family will see snow and will be looking for some sort of trainer/supervisor).

Please also suggest if it will be better to spend a night to mountains or day trip would be fine.

I was thinking to rent a car with driver for the duration of stay, please suggest estimated costs and any recommendation of a driver/company.

I have been advised that one can rent winter clothes in EU, can someone confirm if I will be able to do so in Tbilisi.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Regards

Sadaqat

Mentioned in this post
Tbilisi
Tbilisi
Georgia
4 replies to this topic
1. Re: Short Winter break - Family with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2018, 19:42

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Winter break - Family with young kids

Hi,

You can visit Gudauri and Bakuriani skiing resorts in Georgia. You can make a day trips from Tbilisi and come back the same day in Tbilisi or stay overnight there. Both resorts have beautiful landscape and scenic views with highest snowy mountains and evergreen christmas trees.

Both resorts provides various snowy activities. As Bakuriani is little bit far from Tbilisi, I advise you to stay overnight in Bakuriani. If you are going to visit other places of Georgia too, like historical sightseeing, then I advise you to come back to Tbilisi after the trips.

You can buy the winter cloths in Tbilisi too. But for 1-2 hours skiing normal cloths and jeanses are also ok. Just take your warm cloths, caps, gloves, shoes, coats and scarps.

I advise you to look the reputable guide-drivers and book your tours in Georgia online.

Best regards,

George

Private Daily Tours in Georgia

Mentioned in this post
Gudauri
Gudauri
Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region, Georgia
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
Tbilisi
Tbilisi
Georgia
Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Winter break - Family with young kids

Hi.

My advice is to stay for overnight in Bakuriani. Its a small ski resort in central Georgia, 3 hours drive from Tbilisi. Its beautiful pine trees forest there, a lot of activities for children. You can not only ski or take a cable car, but also ride a horse or rent a snow bike.

On the way to Bakuriani, you can visit some places like Upliscikhe(city of caves), Borjomi(Balneological resort) & etc.

All other days, I suggest you to stay in Tbilisi and explore city by yourself.

Best Regards, Rustaveli Travel,

Tours&Transfers in Georgia

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
Tbilisi
Tbilisi
Georgia
Borjomi
Borjomi
Samtskhe-Javakheti Region, Georgia