We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Korea

Cebu City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Korea

This is my first time to travel out of the country(Korea).How much should be my show money in my account? I have a Korean friend that will invite me to go there.

7 replies to this topic
Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Korea

Actually, they don't specifically tell how much money you should have on your bank account. Safest is to have at least five digits (maybe, 20-30K in Philippine Peso, but of course you also have to consider your length of stay there). I guess the purpose of that show money is to prove that you can sufficiently finance your travel expenses there. Best if you could comply with all the requirements provided in the Korean Embassy website.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 14:32
Cebu City...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Korea

What if i have a friend there and she is going to invite me but she is still a student?Do you think it is okay or it will be approved?

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Korea

No one can really tell how the Korean consul approves or disapproves visa application as they won't tell you the reason/s for approval/disapproval. Just comply with their visa requirements and I think you should be fine. But still, there is no assurance whether you'll get approved. It's pure luck.

Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Korea

I also assumed that they are checking your bank account to see if you can fund your trip. Make sure the amount is there around the time you sent your application. My friend applied for the visa and she had enough funds. However, on the week of the visa application she zeroed out the balance on her account and her visa was rejected.

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Korea

Well, yes Marty, there is a big chance especially if you are a first-time visa applicant. When I first had my visa application way back 2015, someone from the Korean Embassy called up my office number to verify if I really work there.

Btw, for invitation by a Korean national, I think there is a weight if the person inviting you is already employed or not, basically since they can vouch/guaranty for you in case you cannot fully financially support your entire travel.

Edited: 20 October 2017, 19:27
Cebu City...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Korea

Is it okay the father of my student will be the one inviting me to go to Korea?My student is already 24yrs. old but she only has the part-time job in Korea.So probably it will not be allowed if she will be the one who will invite me.If the embassy will ask a proof like some picture I only have the pictures of my student because she is the one who visited me here in the Philippines, not her father.

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Korea

Again, no one can really tell how the Korean consul approves or disapproves visa applications. Best is to comply with the given requirements on their website. That's the only way you could possibly get your visa, with or without invite from any Korean national.

Reply to: Trip to Korea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted