We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Sydney
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

I want to use airport limousine bus ticket to travel from Incheon airport to hotel (Ibis Myeongdong). Also when going back to Incheon airport.

I can buy ticket in the airport for the trip to hotel. But how about on the way back to airport, do I buy ticket from hotel? Or can I buy a return ticket at the airport?

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

You can pay cash.

Sydney
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Ah so you pay on the bus directly when you board is it?

I thought you have to buy ticket beforehand to reserve seats

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
976 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Hi

Great choice of destination.

You can catch Limo (bus) 6001 which finishes at City Hall (goes to Seoul Station on the way)

OR

6005 which goes to Seoul Station (goes to City Hall on the way)

Either of these is a very short taxi ride to Myeongdong.

8000 won . Good price for limo. I did this October 2009.

Have fun.

DCtheKiwi

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

You can just buy the ticket on the bus. Rarely is it completely full.

One time, I saw a tourist from Singapore who had purchased her ticket at the hotel and then lost it before getting on the bus. She couldn't locate the ticket and refused to pay again. So she had the bus driver call the hotel and confirm purchase of the ticket. I don't think they were able to do that, but the bus driver let her ride without paying again.

There really was no need for her to purchase the ticket in advance really. There is no benefit.

Seattle
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Trying to understand these routes...

Couldn't the OP take Bus 6015 directly to Ibis Myeongdong?

www.airportlimousine.co.kr/route/routee12.htm

Sorry to hack your thread...but are the bus stops easy to find? Are they clearly marked? How do you know which direction they are heading?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Hi Honam! I will be in Seoul for the first time in a couple of weeks and am staying around the corner from the Ibis at The Metro Hotel.

As I understand it, the best bus to catch is the 6015 which drops you off in front of the Ibis Myeongdong (8th stop after leaving airport) and this is where you get back on to go back to airport when it's time to leave.

The trick is to have some Won with you to purchase the bus ticket (9,000 each), and according to the info I found on the Incheon Airport website, bus #6015 departs from 1st Floor at exit 5B or 12A, and tickets can be purchased from any of the Bus ticketing offices indoors at Exits 4 and 9, or outdoors at 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13 and 9c. Then just purchase the ticket on the bus for the return trip (with right cash again). I hope that's all correct as this is what I'll be doing!!

Cheers and have a great holiday!

Sydney
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Thanks for the info everyone!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Just came back from Seoul staying at the Ibis Myeongdong.

There are pretty clear signs to the bus waiting area-- once there, just look for the bus numbers, and join the queue for 6015. You can just pay on the bus to the driver 9000W, or you can go get a ticket from the ticket office.

The bus does not necessarily stop if there is no one getting off, or getting on, so you cannot really rely on counting the stops. The recorded announcement are not very clear, and often not very audible, but they more or less announce the current stop and the following stop, which misled me to wanting to get off one stop too early! Lucky I asked the driver, and he indicated the next stop. You should be able to see some Ibis signage if you sit on the non-driver side of the bus.

Returning to the airport, wait at the same stop as you got off, and pay the driver. Small luggage can be carried onto the bus cabin, but larger items need to go under the bus.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

Thanks so much for posting pojaya - VERY helpful info....I'll be arriving this time in 2 weeks!!

philippines
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Incheon airport limousine bus ticket

we are booked at yim's house. What is the best way to get there? If we will take the bus, which bus shoudld we take and where should we be dropped off? Thanks!