We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

With the rising food prices through out the world. I would like to know how much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

I plan to survive on Korean food... in shops that serve local cuisines/delicacies as well as street food.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,180 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

not easy to answer.

Dolsot bibimbap costs 5-6000 won.

I guess a galbi meal about 20,000 won

(plus drinks)

But you can eat much more expensively depending on your food and the type of restaurant.

Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

Are food in the food courts almost similarly priced as those in homey/ahjumma run eating places?

What about street food? Ddeokbokki... o-daeng and the likes...

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

Just returned from Seoul and the street food I had are mostly priced at 1000 to 2000 won. A very simple meal of noodle would cost around 3000 won depends on which place you eat at. Usually meat meals would cost more and it always comes with a main course with several types of kimchi (side dishes).

My friend and I actually enjoyed buying kimchi and prepacked rice from family mart to our guesthouse and have a simple meal. Home delivery is also very easy and convenient if you don't feel like eating out. We would order delivery of fried chicken or jajjangmyeon and share it with the staff over soju and makgolli :)

have fun and just enjoy your vacation.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

Average lunch of bibimbab or noodles: 5,000 to 6,000 won (prices same at dinner for most items except things like "hwe" which is Korean-style sashimi).

Galbi dinner costs anywhere from 25,000 to 60,000 won.

Street food items vary from snack items that are 2,000 to 3,000 won for ddokbokki and 500 won a piece for fried squid.

Prices at food courts are similar to ajuma-run places, though sometimes higher. Depends on which ajuma. If she's a CEO of a popular place, then it might be more.

5. Re: How much does an average meal in Seoul cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:31