We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Seoul?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
930 posts
539 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Seoul?

My husband and I are planning a short trip to Seoul in the fall. We plan to use the hop- on, hop-off city bus for sightseeing. We enjoy performances, temples, palaces, shopping, food courts, etc. We like to walk and enjoy culture.

How many days should we stay in Seoul? Are 4 nights enough for a taste of the most important sights?

Feedback/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days in Seoul?

4 nights is actually very short trip especially if this is your first trip.

Allow at least one week, that way you have more time to enjoy the sights.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
930 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days in Seoul?

Many thanks!!! I have to keep researching a bit.

Are you saying a week just for the city or including outside trips?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days in Seoul?

Seoul itself has many attractions and it take more than a week to explore the whole city. If both of you only want to visit some of the major attractions such as palaces, temples, shopping etc.. allowing at least a week to stay.

Have a look at below links, it'll help you to plan your trip :

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto

http://english.seoul.go.kr/

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294197-s409/Seoul:So…

Edited: 29 June 2011, 20:07
Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,060 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days in Seoul?

I think a week is fine for Seoul; however if you really want to see highlights of Korea, you do need more time than that.

I would strongly recommend going outside to see the foliage- earlier season Seoraksan, later Naejangan, latest Jeju. I would also recommend seeing Gongju and Gyeongju at least.

But you must fit your needs and desires around your days.

Knowing Seoul well, I could fit the highlights into 4 days, I guess, but there would be little time for ambling.

My strong recommendation is to stay in an appropriate place- Jung-gu, Myeongdong so that you will not waste time travelling.

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Gyeongju
Gyeongju
Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
Guest House Myeongdong
Guest House Myeongdong
73 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
930 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days in Seoul?

Excellent links Reclat!!!!! Great suggestions as well, for areas to stay, Ethelman2. Feedback appreciated!!!! We will probably have to stay 4 nights./5days this time and make the most out of them. ( We will try very hard). We will be coming from Indonesia and Malaysia

( Borneo) and traveling for a month.

Thanks all for your help!!!!!

6. Re: How many days in Seoul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 04:16