We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

melacca
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

I'd like to know the best dates to visit Korea either in December or February to enjoy the beautiful winter sceneries. Did some work on it and I think certain days in December might not promise much snow or any snow at all . Right?

Thank you for helping.

Mentioned in this post
melacca
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

And would early September promises colourful autumn sceneries? I heard that due to nowadays' unpredictable weather, late October or mid November would be the best time to fly to Incheon, Seoul and then take a train to Nami Island.

Thank you once again.

Mentioned in this post
Incheon
Incheon
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Nami Island
Nami Island
1,491 Reviews
Chuncheon, South Korea
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

Late October would be the best time to come to see autumn colours.

As for winter, where do you want to go? If you're going to a ski resort, then anytime during December to February would be fine for skiing. If you're just visiting Seoul or a city during the winter and are hoping to see snow, then snowfall can obviously be a bit unpredictable! We've had quite a few days of snow this winter, but its melted within a day or two.

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
melacca
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

Thank you for the reply. Most probably we'll be coming in in October (date depending on our public holiday) so that our 80 year-old mother would not freeze in the cold winter.

Kuantan, Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

Hi, I will be visiting Seoul in early feb 2013. Is there still snow at that time and where would I go to experience the snow. I am not into skiing actually. Do I need winter clothing during that time? tq

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Kuantan, Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

Hi, I will be visiting Seoul in early feb 2013. Is there still snow at that time and where would I go to experience the snow. I am not into skiing actually. Do I need winter clothing during that time? tq

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

There may not be fresh snow in Seoul (Mother Nature is often rather unpredictable), but if there has been a fresh snowfall, just head to the nearest park or if not, head to any mountain to see the snow, if you don't want to go to a ski resort, you could try one of the mountains in and around Seoul, such as Bukhansan, etc. Just remember to dress correctly - if you do any hiking on icy ground, you will need proper boots and crampons (spikes).

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

I'd love to see autumn and winter in South Korea! I've been told that those are the best times to actually visit the country! Thanks for this post!

Mentioned in this post
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

I received an email from a Korean friend to say that right now temperatures have been as low as 0 degrees celsius in Seoul and the autumn foliage is pretty much gone. When I visited in late September to early November day temperatures were a very pleasant low 20 to mid 20s and the autumn colours were just beginning. I think that means that there was a very limited autumn foliage season this year. Its very difficult to time this.

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Save Reply
9. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

i am going to south korea feb 20 2013.it's still got snow during that? do i need to wear the winter jacket or just normal sweater?

Save Reply
10. Re: The best time to visit korea - winter and autumn sceneries

i am going to south korea feb 20 2013.it's still got snow during that? do i need to wear the winter jacket or just normal sweater?