We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

We'll be arriving at Inchon airport during mid-day (2pm) and we need to get to Gang Hwa island.

I was told there are buses you can take that will go to the island from the airport but I wanted to find out from others if you have any other suggestions on getting there. Or is bus the best way? If so, does anyone have info on the bus system?

We could take a taxi but I'm not sure how much that would cost, we'd like to make it as affordable as possible.

We neither read or speak Korean.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
10,957 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

Please take bus 70 from the airport- buy your ticket in the kiosk just outside the airport door. The journey is 2 hours and buses go every 15 mins.The staff in kiosk speak English.

This takes you to Ganghwa bus terminal.

From there you will need your final address in Korean to give to a taxi driver.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
10,957 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

My post may be rubbish. I think 70 goes from Incheon city not airport.

Info is confusing.

Anyone know for sure?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

There is bus information here but I am fairly sure that the Incheon they refer to is actually the Incheon Bus Terminal rather than the airport terminal. I think you need to ring up the tourist authority. I found no detail of a bus route on theIncheon airport's website which mentions Gangwha island. So I would question whether there is a direct bus from the airport. I hope someone else can help you.

http://english.ganghwa.incheon.kr/

Go to the Transportation page on the above website which lists the bus routes - indeed there is NO mention of Incheon airport.

Edited: 05 June 2012, 14:32
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
10,957 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

There is no direct bus. You need to go to Sinchon in Seoul to get a bus, or to Yeungdongpo to get to Ganghwa.

Or taxi from airport, but that would cost abt 80,000won

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

I'd pay the taxi - it sounds like a headache, especially if you have luggage and so on and there is more than one of you! There is a direct airport limousine bus to Yeungdongpo Station by the looks of things-(6008) - but do not know about bus schedules and how frequent they are from here to Gangwha.

I can't see any direct limousine bus to to Sinchon Station.

airport.kr/airport/traffic/bus/busList.iia…

Edited: 05 June 2012, 15:36
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

Correction - there is a bus that goes to Sinchon Station from the airport - if that is what you want to do. Then you catch another bus to Gangwha Island. Here is the information.

It is bus 6002 (Cheongnangni Station) - the route is as follows

Hapjeong Station, Hotel Seokyo, Hong-Dae Univ., Shinchon Station, Ewha Womans' Univ. Station, Ahyeon Station, Choongjeongno Station, Gwanghwamoon Station, Jongno 1-Ga(Jonggak station), Jongno 2-Ga(YMCA), Jongno 3-Ga, Jongno 4-Ga, Jongno 6(yuk)-ga(Dongdaemun Market ), Dongdaemoon Station, Shinseol-Dong Station, Cheongnangni Station

The other bus route the Yeongdeungpo Stn.(6008) which goes to Gimpo Airport, Songjeong Station, Balsan Station, Naebal mountain souvenir shop, 88 Gymnasium, Hotel Nostalgia, Deungchon Middle School(Hotel GreenWorld), Gangseo-gu Community Health Center, River Park Hotel(Yeomchang Station), Dangsan Station, KT Yeongdeungpo District Office, Yeongdeungpo Market, Shinsegae Dept. Store(Yeongdeungpo), Yeongdeungpo Station, Yeongdeungpo Market

Edited: 05 June 2012, 15:44
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

Further info to share for anyone visiting Gangwha

Yeongdeungpo Stn Bus no. 88 - run every 15 -20 minutes to Gangwha

Incheon BUS terminal (700, 700/1) to Gangwha Island run every 30-40 minutes

Sinchon Stn. Bus no. 3000 - run more frequently every 8-15 minutes

8. Re: Inchon Airport to GangHwa Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:42