We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to visit Korea?

tsy
Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
When is the best time to visit Korea?

Hi,

Hubby and I was planning want to Korea. May I know when is the best time to visit? Thanks

Triptown
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

hmmmmmmmmm i think it will all depend on you. Some people like the cold weather and some people like the warm. January, October and December is sale time (according to Tour2korea.com).

Maybe april and september according to my korean friend.... but then shopping in a cooler period is better, you do not get so tired easily....

tsy
Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for for advice. My hubby & I like the Autumn season, if we go on Nov, is it ok? Because we quite scared of cool :P

Triptown
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

Yes according to my friend, it will be very cold... but i still have to point out, to you, one's person cold is another's person warmth....

i can tolerate very cold weather, so it would be hard to tell you if its cold.. the most i will say its darn cold today..... ; )

October would be nice.....

Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

knowing that you are coming from Malaysia, I would say, November in Korea is very cold. it is around 5-10'C(40's F).

I would suggest mid- September(greener) till October month(falling leaves) is ideal for Autumn travellers to Korea.

The foliage at that time will be quite beautiful and the sun stays low and make you feel dreamy often.

And, I suggest going to Sorak National park and you will inahle the colder air on the mountain top greeting the rising sun. That is 3-4 hours by bus to East coast or an hour flight but I prefer the bus trip as you can see the rural areas on the way. min. stay 2-3 days for 2-3 different hiking courses(climbing some steep rocks, safe and thrilling), a visit to Waterpia(Mega complex of Surf pool and saunas indoor and outdoor), and going to fishing towns nearby for a dinner at night.

Sorak mountain is my no.1 recommendation for Fall season to anybody who is fit and love mountains.

Other than the foliages in popular mountain parks, the other attractions are all the same.

So, have fun walking in the fallen leaves!

South Korea
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

April and November are the best months.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

Late September or anytime in October will be good. It will still be warm, but not too hot. I think October is the best time. The weather is moderate and comfortable. You'll likely only need a light jacket for the evening.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

worldweather.wmo.int/095/c00231.htm#climate - can someone please advise me how accurate the temp. as stated on the link is? I was in Japan last winter - i was caught unprepared when the temp. dropped to -4 and were snowing (totally different from the weather forecast) and eventually remained at around 4 - 8 degrees (is still cold for me) for the rest of my trip. So, am avoiding to visit Seoul in winter and now am having a hard time deciding to visit during April (spring) or October (fall). I was hoping 13 - 15 degrees would be nice.....

Thanks in advance.

Manila
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

Hubby and I are going to Seoul first week of July. Please advise what weather condition can we expect during that time? We also want to visit Nami Island. Is it ok to go there considering the weather? Thanks.

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

Korea's July weather will be very similar to Manila's. Hot,(over 30C) and humid (monsoon season)But it won't be a problem for you to visit Nami island. Thanksfully Korea's public transportation, metro, and bus have decent AC.

spore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the best time to visit Korea?

Hi,

App which week in Oct is the best time to go for the fallen leaves and such? Last week of Oct? I'm thinking of doing a day's hike as well.