We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English breakfast/food places

8 posts
English breakfast/food places
Save

Hi all.

I'm off to Egypt in a few days with a friend. He's very fussy with food and would like to have back up places that serve things like an english breakfast or scrambled eggs in case he needs them. I've explained to him that he's going to miss out on the Egyptian experience and he realises this.

We will be in Cairo, Giza, Luxor and Aswan.

Many thanks for your help in advance 😊👍

5 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
17,422 posts
339 reviews
612 helpful votes
1. Re: English breakfast/food places
Save

An English breakfast generally has bacon. You are going to a predominantly Muslim country, where even the thought of a pig is abhorrent so it won't be easy.

Any decent hotel should certainly be able to do scrambled eggs, so it depends on where you are staying.

I generally stay in Luxor at the Pavillon

For breakfast, there is a selection of various salad items including fresh dates & watermelon. Then in the centre lots of various breads, and cakes and hot dishes on the other side with Potato, Boiled egg, Sausage (Chicken or beef - Not Pork) Foules Medames (a Bean dish) and outside is the egg chef doing eggs in any fashion you want, as well as crepes, falafel & the various fillings for omelette

The trick is not to eat everything every day, so you have variety.

8 posts
2. Re: English breakfast/food places
Save

Ah great info thanks. Yeah we're staying at Winter Palace when in Luxor so I'm sure he'll be ok foodwise, just needs some options 😊 much appreciated 👍

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
17,422 posts
339 reviews
612 helpful votes
3. Re: English breakfast/food places
Save

Even more breakfast choices in the WP's Corniche, including smoked salmon!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
5 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: English breakfast/food places
Save

There are lots of places offering western style breakfasts and brunches in Cairo. Look out for the Le Poire chain of cafés (there's one opposite the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square) or head to Zamalek where the ex-pat vibes throw up plenty of patisseries and coffee shops that will see you right. Eggs and omelettes are a standard item on almost every hotel or guesthouse breakfast menu across Egypt.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: English breakfast/food places
Save

I've had Beef Bacon at some Egyptian hotels - which I found an acceptable alternative to pork bacon

Edited: 22 January 2023, 20:19
Reply to: English breakfast/food places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.