We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 50 beaches

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,351 posts
27 reviews
Top 50 beaches

Diani just made it.

Diani Beach in Kenya comes in at number 49. The beach is about an hour south of Mombasa by car. Beachgoers can see the Whale Shark out at sea and monkeys in the lush trees framing the pristine stretch of sand. The six-mile long beach scored a 9 for sand and water quality, an 8 for sheer untouched beauty and a 6 for remoteness. It has 111 days of sunshine annually, on average. Tour planner AfricanMecca Safaris writes: 'Diani Beach transports you to a cultural beach experience made even more amazing with access to Kisite Marine Park for snorkeling and whale shark diving'

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/travel/…ixzz4zeoMEwlc

2 replies to this topic
Cincinnati, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Top 50 beaches

I highly recommend the beaches in and around Kilifi Town, north of Mombasa. The town is quite, clean, and has several good restaurant and grocery options. We rented an amazing house right on the beach and bought fresh seafood directly from the fishermen who traversed the waters catching fish, crab, lobster, etc with small handmade spears.

Level Contributor
1,520 posts
2. Re: Top 50 beaches

"Remoteness"... a plus and a minus I suppose. Visions of the Likoni Ferry come to mind.

I think the "111 days" of sunshine must be a misprint. It is at least double that.

Reply to: Top 50 beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted