We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-Visa

6 posts
Save Topic
E-Visa

Hey guys,

Can one still apply for an E-Visa once arriving at JMK Airport in 2017 and if you do how much does it cost? or must you do it before arriving? because I have been having issues with the sites

4 replies to this topic
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,533 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-Visa

Just posted this in response to your other post

You seem to be confusing the eVisa that is bought in advance with the Visa on Arrival bought at the airport

Visa on arrival is available at JKIA Nairobi or MIA Mombasa and costs USD $50, Euros 40€, GBP £30 or Swiss Francs CHF 70.

BTW there is only one official eVisa site, http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html the others are ripnoffs

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: E-Visa

I wen to Kenya last December/2016 and I used http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html to get an E-Visa and it worked very smoothly. I am returning this december/2017 and I have tried to get another E-visa from the same site and it wont let me. I keep getting an error message over and over. I have visited the other e-visa sites and you are correct they are a ripoff so I was trying to avoid them. So I was wondering if I can just skip this whole process and get one once I arrive in Kenya. I wasn't sure if that was possible

UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E-Visa

There have been multiple threads and posts on this issue.

Yes getting a Visa on arrival is not only possible but recommended; cheaper, far less hassle and usually a quicker route through immigration than having an evisa.

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: E-Visa

Amazing! That is what I will plan on doing than because this has really been stressing me out. Thank you everyone

Reply to: E-Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted