We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi to Zanzibar

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Nairobi to Zanzibar

Hi,

I am looking to fly direct to Nairobi from London and while in Nairobi, get a flight to Zanzibar direct after about a week. I am already applying for a Kenya visa ($51) but will I also need one for Tanzania? As I am not stopping in D.Salam, I think I should get both visa's online. Please can anyone suggest if I need a visa for both Kenya and Tanzania separately? Also as I will be entering Kenya twice (going to Nairobi, staying, then flying to Tanzania and then back to Nairobi), do I need to double entry visa for Kenya?

Thank you

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nairobi to Zanzibar

Yes you will need one visa each for Kenya and Tanzania. However the "single entry" Kenya visa is valid for re-entry from Tanzania, as long as you do so within the 3 month validity period, so no need to buy another Kenya visa.

It looks like Tanzania offers e-visas but I can't speak to how well the system functions (Kenya's e-visa system has a reputation for working badly and many people come on here with complaints). I only buy visas on arrival for both countries.

Edited: 29 November 2017, 02:09
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nairobi to Zanzibar

One more thing: if you visit Kenya first, you will need proof of yellow fever vaccination to enter Tanzania.

Reply to: Nairobi to Zanzibar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted