We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Hi! My 3 children have never see snow before so thought of visiting a ski snow in Beijing. Will be from 20-25 nov. Wondering is there any ski resort that are available during the period. Thank you very much for any reply.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,804 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

I think this is too early.

Also understand that the ski hills are out of town.

Beijing
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Unless its unseasonably cold, it rarely snows in Beijing in late November and even if it were to snow, its highly unlikely there would be enough for skiing.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,963 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Where are the ski hills outside of Beijing? Would there be snow in March? My husband has skied on three continents and would love to add a fourth!

Beijing
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

The better ones are often a couple of hours away in Hebei (though the best is in Harbin), but there is a decent one in Miyun and Huairou has one as well.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Hi, we will be going to Bejing in Dec and are looking at Nanshan ski resort. It's at Miyun. Heard that it's one of the established ski resort near Bejing.

But i am not sure if the ski resort is operational in Nov. Think it's too early. Have been advised to be there in Dec. Nonetheless, you may want to contact the ski resort directly. They have a pretty informative website. Just google nanshan ski.

Have fun planning

Subang jaya
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

hi,

I read in a review that some ski resorts in Beijing are not real snow? I will at Beijing next week 18-24th. Where can I skiing with real snow?

thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,804 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Not sure what you mean by real snow. It is real snow but it is man made. I did not fall from the sky as we had no rain or snow for a long time here. This is normal, even in Canada we make snow in addition to the natural one.

I was skiing yesterday. It is still early in the season so not many trails are open.

Subang jaya
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Thanks for info. I was refering to artificial snow...but not sure they are the same with man-made snow.

which one you recommend for family with small kids and how far from downtown Bejing:

Nanshan ski resort

Jundushan

Badaling

Lianhuashun

etc

I will be staying at a hotel near Tianamen square.

Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,804 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

From your list I only know Nanshan.

http://www.nanshanski.com/index-en.asp

Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visit to Any Snow Ski resort

Hi JP,

Did you get your tickets at the door or you book with the local agents?

Is it easy to get to Nanshan via public transport? I saw a shuttle service that goes to the resort, is it good? Or should I find my way up to the resort?